28 - "The Connect"

Allele sat in the passenger seat of Ron's jeep as silent as a mouse. His head rested in his right hand and his right leg was cocked up on the dashboard as if it was his whip. His face seemed expressionless but his severely clenched teeth indicated he was furious. Ron would occasionally glance at him, but say nothing. It was obvious that he was angry and Ron knew Allele's temperament was nasty when he got mad.

Ron was nervous to be real, because he knew the connect probably was not gonna be in a good mood either meeting a bunch of niggas who didn't want to pay for his shipment. And an angry drug connect versus a ill tempered street nigga was not a good combination.

Ron pulled up in front of the busy club, shutting his engine off. He sent Ace a text and got an immediate reply letting him know he was five minutes away.

"You wanna smoke?" Ron questioned. He knew Allele wasn't much of a smoker but he could tell his mind was really fucked up; Allele wasn't someone who usually wore his emotions on his sleeves, but the tenseness in the car was almost uncomfortable.

Allele looked at him questioningly.

"I could tell a lot is on your mind...Ace said he'd be here in a few so we could smoke a joint and wait until."

Allele shrugged. Ron was quick to pull out a new blunt from the glove compartment. He lit it up with the lighter from his cup holder and took a drag from it. "So what's up?" Ron said, winding down the window just a little.

"I'on," Allele shrugged, he was kind of embarrassed to talk about it. He wasn't the type. He just felt like everyone hated him right now and he had no one in his corner. "I'm not into no therapy sessions and shit."

Ron chuckled passing him the weed. "You don't gotta tell me exactly what it is. But just talk, keeping shit bottled up inside is not healthy."

Allele nodded his head but stayed quiet for a long while. He pulled from the joint so hard his head started to spin. He blew the smoke out in front of him, passing it back to Ron without looking. "I'm straight, let's just keep it business." Allele said.

Ron dropped it, never one to bug somebody not in the mood. Allele stared back out the window, slipping into his memory.

I'm hungry." Iris complained.