two

September 6th, 2016.

When Camila wakes up the next day, for a moment, she'd forgotten about her weird dream. She's a little too groggy to realise what had happened, and when the details of the dream come back to her, her eyes widen and she nearly falls off her bed when she goes to grab her phone.

She doesn't even have to look at the date. The thing that really freaks her out is the text she has from Ally, because over the last year, the only thing Ally had texted her was reminders about being on time, and those texts weren't even directly to her, they were in the group chat.

Allycat (6:54AM): Hope you feel better today, Mila! I'm making Dinah call round before school to pick up the leftover cookies from last night, hopefully they'll put a smile on your face.

Camila blinks down at the screen, not believing that the text is real. It can't be. Maybe Ally had made a new friend called Mila and she'd baked them cookies. Because she definitely can't still be dreaming.

She remembered going to sleep last night. She'd asked her mom to drive her to the store for some over the counter sleeping pills, and she'd taken two and snuggled down in bed. She even remembers her dream from last night, too – she was performing her first ever single, except the audience was composed of hundreds of copies of the Fifth Harmony girls.

She's pretty sure she can class that as a nightmare, but this is something else entirely. Everything is too vivid and too real and while it seems like it is real, it can't be. Alternate universes aren't real, and only crazy people walk around claiming that they've hopped into some alternate universe in their sleep.

She just has to figure out how to wake up. Maybe she needs to speak with all of the girls on good terms and then her subconscious will be satisfied. She doesn't know. Either way, she decides that today, she's going to talk to Lauren and Normani. If it means it'll help her wake up, then she's going for it.

"Are you serious?" Camila jumps when she hears Dinah's voice, and the younger girl waltzes into her bedroom with an amused smirk. "You're not ready yet?"

"I was just, uh," Camila bites down on her bottom lip and shrugs, "picking out something to wear."

"Still acting weird, huh?" Dinah narrows her eyes. "Whatever. I'll push you for answers later. Let me pick out what you're wearing now."

Before Camila can protest, Dinah has headed over to the closet and started raking around. "I can dress myself, Dinah."

"You'd be a fashion disaster without my help," Dinah rolls her eyes, "Which bow do you want to wear?"

"No bow," Camila says, a little too quickly, "I think they're a little too childish."

"And you're not?" Dinah snorts. "Mila, bows are your thing. I don't know who you're trying to impress or whatever by not wearing one, but they're cute. I'll pick one for you."

Not wanting to argue, Camila lets Dinah pick out her outfit, and decides that she'll get rid of the black bow that Dinah makes her wear once she's out of the Tongan girl's sight.

As Dinah picks out her clothes, Camila feels horrible, because it sucks that the last time they do this is going to be in some weird dream that she can't seem to wake up from. Out of all the girls, she misses Dinah the most. Lauren is a close second, but Camila had been missing her for a while; Lauren had distanced herself a long time ago.

"Dinah," Camila asks her friend after she changes into the summer dress Dinah had picked out, "Can you help me talk to Lauren today?"

Dinah frowns at her. "Jauregui? You don't have a thing for her, do you? I'll hit you if you do, because you need to stop crushing on people who're taken."