Stranger in Nick's Office

Nick set the open sign on his medical clinic once more. And like he expected, predators were showing up in droves to get inside. 

Honey attended the snack bar, while Clawhauser shot lasers around, letting lions chase the light around on the floor. Finnick remained in collar check, taking the collars off of the animals. Each one he took off he hung up on the hooks on the wall, as if they were nothing more than keys on a rack.

Wild Times had some regular costumers as well. Gerald and his wife kept coming back repeatedly. That great feeling of freedom wanting to be relived. After seeing how everyone reacted to be able to have the collars off, Nick wondered if it would ever be possible to always have them off, never having to reattach the machine around their throats again.  If the prey animals would just understand that predators didn't have that "savage" in their genes anymore, and that they could be friends.  The predators and prey could become partners. But they wouldn't see that. Prey hated them. But predators had to stick together in this world. And Nick was glad that he could provide this place for them.  Nick was going to return to his office to do some math on how much money he was earning, and some ideas on some new rides for the park. While he was walking towards his office, a roller coaster cart zoomed by, splashing by the water. Nick got soaked in the water from the ride, and tried to shake it all off. But he wasn't that upset. His fur would dry, and there was no collar to deliver a shock from the water.

He entered his office and put his new papers down on his desk. He look at his tame collar that was sitting on his office table, then scratched his neck where it would of been. He enjoyed this so much. He actually could feel emotions without punishment.

Nick wandered over to the window that showed out into Wild Times. The Roaracoaster went right past his office window. A cheetah was riding in the cart. He waved at Nick. Nick smiled and waved back. The park was perfect. Everything was perfect. Except, Nick didn't notice someone lurking in the shadows in the corner of his office, staring straight at him, holding up a  small gun.

Nick felt a prick in the back of his neck, as if someone had taken a small pin and poked him.

He gasped, his eyes widening. He reached his paw around and felt a bottle like object, grabbed a hold of the item, and yanked it out of his skin. It was a dart. Nick gasped, looking to the corner where the dart had come from, squinting his eyes.A dark figure, a wolf, was sitting in Nick's chair. He held a gun, pointing it at the fox. Nick stopped. He felt different. His heart rate started increasing. His head started getting fuzzy. Nick wobbled over and fell down onto his desk, the dart still in his paw. 

The wolf stood up from the chair and walked over to Nick, and tried to pull the dart out of his hand. But Nick didn't budge. He needed to keep a hold of this thing. For proof. But the wolf held Nick's arm against the table, then yanked the dart out of his paw, leaving quickly for the door.  Nick tried to turn around and run for him,  but he shut the door right in Nick's face, the fox slamming into the wood, hurting his nose in the process. 

Nick snarled, scratching at the door with his claws. His breathing increased. His eyes turned red. No. NO. This couldn't be happening!! He thought, "WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME!!!???"He screamed, hoping someone would hear him.  The only thought in his head was "Kill. Kill. KILL." His mind was turning fuzzy, and he lost all sense of what was happening. He couldn't run words through his mind any longer, and he hissed, wincing in pain.  His head hurt..God it hurt..

Nick fell down onto all fours, snarling. He burst through the door out of his office and into the theme park.  Everyone looked at him, then cheered, then stopped when they saw his state.

Nicholas Wilde was down on all fours, snarling. Saliva was dripping from his mouth, while his pupils were narrowed. His hair stuck up on his back.  His clothes were a bit tattered, his suit already having a few holes.  His tie drug across the floor as he moved forth towards the crowd of predators.  A once, civilized and proud fox, was now down on all fours, baring his teeth as his ancestors did.

Nick was savage.