Taming Party

"This is just great! Here I was, living my dream, and then you came along!" shouted Nick, who was struggling to get free.

"God I hate prey!!" he screamed. Judy made a dirty look on her face. He couldn't see it since he was pressed against her back. The two hung from the ceiling.

"Prey hate predators." said Judy coldly. "We hate you too."

"Well I would assume so, considering you make us wear SHOCK COLLARS."

"You wear them because you have genetics that make you savage! Predators used to eat prey animals. We were helpless and you guys killed us! For food!"

"I didn't kill you!! Maybe predators from long ago did! But I didn't! You treat us all like monsters!"

"You are all monsters!!" said Judy angrily. She was going overboard now.

"Oh gee, sure!  I must be dangerous and evil because of what my predator ancestors did to prey thousands of years ago.  Move on, rabbit.  No prey alive today has been eaten by a predator and no predator alive today has eaten prey. So..enough."

"You still show urges..." Judy mumbled.

"Gahhh!!" Nick grew even more frustrated. His collar light turned red and gave him a shock. He sighed,and stopping struggling.

He hung there, thinking. Then, he got an idea. He leaned his head down and started chewing the ropes. Once they came undone, they fell. But only closer to the floor. One rope was still attached. They slammed heads.

"This is NOT MY DAY..." growled Nick.

A piece of paper fell out of Judy's back pocket, landing on the floor below them. Nick looked at the notepad. It read an address.

"You got an address?" he asked curiously. "From what?"

"It doesn't matter." said Judy.

"What? What address did you get?" he asked. Judy didn't answer.

Just then, the last of the ropes broke, and the two fell onto the cold floor. They stood up, shaking themselves off. There was frost on the floor, and now it was covering their fur.

Just then, a polar bear walked into the freezer. Nick and Judy ran for a nearby cart and dove underneath it. The cart was covered by a blanket, which hid them thankfully.

Nick looked outside from underneath the blanket, then retreated back inside.

"So, did you get an address?" he asked.

"Why are you so worried about it?" she asked.

"Because I need to know the guy who FRAMED me." he said angrily.

"SHhh!"

The cart began moving. They were being pushed outside into the restaurant area. Nick and Judy got as far from the edges of the cart as possible. The cart stopped, and they could hear voices and cheering coming from all around them. Nick peeked outside the cart again and looked around. 

The room was filled with polar bears of all ages. At least 20 adults, and about 8 kids. Koslov was standing up at a stage area. Cake and drinks lined the tables, and balloons of all colors were tired to an archway on the stage.

The cart was pushed over next to the counters. The two took this chance to sneak out from the cart and crawl underneath the blanket covered counters. Just then, Koslov walked out onto the stage, wearing a vest and a red tie. He pulled out a microphone and began to speak. All the polar bears in the room were chattering loudly.

"Okay..." said Koslov. No one listened.

"OKAY!" Shouted the bear. Everyone grew quite.

"Morris.. Morris, where are you Morris..?" he asked. A young polar bear was rustling around on the ground with his friends. He got up then wandered onto the stage and stood in front of his father.

"Today, my son becomes-"

"A big bear" said the young cub proudly. Koslov smiled a little bit then nodded.

"That is right...a big...a big bear.." Nick and Judy crawled underneath the table and stopped. Nick ran into Judy when she didn't keep moving.

"What is this?" she asked. Nick pushed her to keep going. But she didn't.

"Is this a...a taming party?" she asked.

"It doesn't matter. Just keep going" said the fox. 

But Judy didn't listen. She kept watching the polar bears. Nick sighed.

"Koslov reached into his pocket and pulled out a shiny silver box. He opened it, revealing a shiny leather tame collar.  All the children in the room gasped, but the adults shut their eyes, frowning. He took a piece of paper that was attached to it and opened it, reading aloud.

"With this collar, Zootopia welcomes you". Said Koslov.

"With this collar, Zootopia welcomes me." Repeated Morris.

"With this collar, Zootopia celebrates you." said Koslov.

"With this collar, Zootopia celebrates me."

"With this collar, Zootopia..." he paused, then started again, "accepts you..."

"With this collar, Zootopia accepts me."  Nick sighed deeply, ignoring the rabbit staring at the young polar bear. He hated hearing those phrases..they were nothing but a lie.  Zootopia didn't "celebrate" predators.  Zootopia HATED predators.  Those phrases were nothing but disgusting LIES...

Koslov leaned down and motioned for the young polar to come closer. He took the tame collar and put it around the bear's neck. But he couldn't clamp it shut. Koslov started forming tears in his eyes. His collar beeped yellow.

Morris's smiled faded. "What's wrong Papa?" he asked concerned. Koslov sighed.

"Nothing Morris.. Papa is just, happy for you.." Morris nodded, then smiled again. Koslov shut the tame collar, the light coming on. A greenish glow emitted from it.

The two hugged.

"Thank you Papa.." said Morris. Koslov hugged him tightly, not smiling. He knew this was the end of his child's freedom.

Morris walked to the front of the stage in front of everyone. And all the children started cheering for him. Green balloons fell around, and Morris started getting excited and started clapping. Judy smiled. She was glad this young polar bear was happy to be a member of the city.

His color beeped and turned yellow. Koslov's eyes widened.

"Morris!" His collar turned red, and gave a shock to the young polar bear. Everyone gasped. Morris put a hand to his collar, realizing what it really did. He ran back to his father and hugged him.

Judy frowned, seeing that he was really doing nothing wrong. She realized he was shocked for just being happy that he was an adult now. She looked down at the floor, then looked at Nick. His collar was glowing yellow.  Nick looked at her briefly, then glanced at the floor.

"Go." he said quietly. The two crawled underneath some more tables, then left the room through a door.