Halcyon

The silence was unbearable. Kyungsoo's eyes stared in dull fashion at the wall across from him, waiting for the time for his name's calling. To his right, the secretary of the office read her materials carefully, quietly leaving nothing but the ticking of the clock to occupy the auditory space. The subscriptions on the racks were months behind the current events, and for that reason, they held no true value for him.

When his time finally crept, his name fell from the woman's lips, and Kyungsoo gave her a brief smile as he rose from his seat and entered a hall leading to his therapist.

-

-

The contrast between Chanyeol and Kyungsoo was sharp and clean. Dating the student body president had not been as internally stressful as it was to even look in the direction of the basketball star. For every second he stole watching the giant from afar, ten more seconds were stolen realizing multiple eyes judging and eyeing him with cloaked motives. However, the audience he had did little to nothing to intimidate him. He knew it'd do him no good to push Chanyeol away. The other wouldn't have it. Proven time after time, Chanyeol was persistent, though subtle, for every time Baekhyun slipped even an inch from his grasp in fear of the repercussion of their relationship, he would pull him back.

-

-

Sitting on the edge of Baekhyun's bed, Chanyeol watched as the brunet gently removed his shirt, dropping the piece of clothing near his feet. The curves and edges of his body revealed. His skin soft by the touch of the seeping sun.

Chanyeol kept his hands on his lap, caged together in polite rest. His lips were in a thin line while his eyes made the unsure decision to watch as the other changed. Thoughts scurried in his mind only to be forced out by his better conscience.

"So, this concert," the jock said, ending the prolonging silence. "Is it for a band you really like?"

"I reserved these my spot months ago, Chanyeol," Baekhyun answered, looking at him through the mirror. "Yes, I like them. A lot, actually."

Glancing at the black shirt hanging on the back of the chair set near the study table, Chanyeol smiled. "I see. Are you going with anyone?"

"No, but I mean..." Reaching over, Baekhyun took the shirt into his grasp and put it on.

It didn't occur to Chanyeol as to what kind of shirt it would be until Baekhyun's arms and bare sides were out for the world to see. The thick bracelet bands around the brunet's wrist and the dark, black leather pants, however, pulled the look into a full circle, and left the tall latter breathless.

"I shouldn't spend too much time on my hair. It's bound to get horrible." Baekhyun turned himself toward Chanyeol's view. "Good?"

In the opinion of his boyfriend, the brunet's appearance was better than average, better than good. There was a possibility that it was even unimaginable even in his dreams. Unable to keep his lips from escaping in bliss-like control, Chanyeol's grin broke out wider.

"Better than anything I've ever seen before, actually," the giant responded, setting his hands on his knees before rising. "And I wouldn't lie about that."

"I think there's some type of social expectation that you have to tell me what I want to hear. Are you sure you're not just kissing up to me?"

"If I was kissing up to you, you would know it. Promise."

Heaving out a breath, Baekhyun concealed his smile. "Then, thank you," he said, cocking his head up at Chanyeol. "Now, what're you going to wear?"

Just inches from setting his hands on the brunet's shoulders, Chanyeol paused, thrown into a whirl. "What?"