Imagine #4 (Date Night)

It was another day of just sitting at home doing nothing. You decided to take some time off after one of the cases hit a little too close to home. Now that you think about it, that was probably not a good idea. You were bored out of your mind being by yourself and not doing anything. The main reason you regretted it was because you couldn't see your partner, Carisi. You've had a huge crush on him since the day you were transferred to svu. It's been 6 months and you still don't have the guts to tell him. You decided today you would ask him to dinner and tell him how you feel.

You grabbed your phone and dialed Carisi's number. You started to get butterflies in your stomach as you were waiting for him to pick up. It was too late to chicken out now.

"Hey (Y/N), is everything alright?"

"Yeah I'm fine, I just wanna ask you something." You said nervously

"Sure go ahead."

"I was wondering..if you wanted to go out to dinner with me tonight."

It felt like time stopped when you asked him that. What if he said no? You'd feel like such an idiot.

"Oh you mean like a date?" Sonny said happily

"Yeah, like a date." You said back

You could feel yourself blushing already.

"Sure! What time do you want me to come by?" Sonny asked

"Um, 7 will be fine." You said trying not to sound overly excited

"See you then!" Sonny said

You hung up the phone and couldn't stop smiling. Did this really just happen? Your crush just accepted going on a date with you, well as far as he knows it's a date between 2 co workers to catch up with each other. Besides maybe this could lead to something more.

-----------------------------Time skip to later that night----------------------------------------------

You were finishing up your makeup when you heard a knock on the door.

"Shit he's here!" You said out loud

You tried to look for your shoes and purse as fast as you could.

There was another knock on the door.

"Um, I'll be there in a minute!" You called out

You took one last look in the mirror before answering the door.

"You'll be fine, you can do this." You said to yourself

When you opened the door you saw Sonny standing there with a bouquet of roses.

"These are for you." He said while smiling.

All you could do was blush and laugh.

"Aw you really didn't have to get me these but thank you so much." You said while giving him a hug.

"It's no problem, you deserve them."

God he was such a gentleman! No wonder you were in love with him.

You two got in the car and drove to the restaurant. You guys were going to a semi-fancy Italian place which was great because the main thing you and Sonny bonded over was some good, homemade Italian food.

When you got to the restaurant, you guys ordered your food and had basic small talk about how things have been recently until Sonny brought up the fact that you asked him out.

"So (Y/N) why exactly did you ask me out to dinner tonight? You wouldn't bring me here just to catch up."

"Ah shit, he's onto me. He knows I like him. What do I do? Should I lie?" You thought to yourself

There was an awkward silence for a couple minutes until you finally got the courage to say something.

"I hope this won't ruin our friendship but I really like you. I want to be more than friends." You said while looking down.

There was another silence. It felt like the world froze.

"Fuck, I'm sorry. I should just go now." You said while getting ready to stand up.

"No (Y/N), It's okay, I'm just shocked someone so beautiful and amazing like you would want to be with me. You're way out of my league!"

"What?! Are you crazy? You're one of the hottest guys I've met!" You said while blushing.

Everything felt like a dream. This was way too good to be true. You secretly pinched your arm to make sure you weren't dreaming and yep this was real life.

When you two left and arrived back to your apartment, Sonny walked you to your door.

"Tonight was great (Y/N)" He said while looking into your eyes

You could feel your heart melt right then and there.

"How did I get so lucky to have him in my life?" You accidentally said out loud.

"No, the real question is, how did I get so lucky to have you in my life?"

Without warning, Sonny leaned in and kissed you. You could feel and instant connection like fireworks were going off around you.

"I hope that was okay with you." Sonny said while blushing.

"It was more than okay, It was amazing." You said

"I'll call you tomorrow. I'd love to do this again." Sonny said

You closed the door and laid down on the couch.

"I can't believe that just happened." You said while closing your eyes.