Hatake Kakashi: Fascination: Part XXII

--

|| [Hatake] : Fascination : [Kakashi] || [Part XXII] ||

--

Oriko stretched carefully, her joints aching a little as she wandered through the streets of Konoha on her way to meet Kakashi, she guessed that he already by late (in fact the only time he was early was right before their mission to the Tea Country border) and so was in no real hurry. 

She eventually made it to the meeting place and again pulled out her fan to observe it, having practiced a little more with but yesterday afternoon, but was still uncontrollable.  Oriko couldn’t resist the helpless and frustrated feeling at how she just couldn’t get the fan right, it was an extremely disheartening experience – but then, she wasn’t really the sort to just give up on it.

“Hey-y,”

“Oh, hi…what are we doing today? Training? A mission?”

“Well, actually I came here to give you this,” He held out a little scrap of paper, which Oriko took a step forward to take off him,

“What does this mean..?” She queried, reading the paper, frowning slightly, wondering if she was reading it correctly,

“I’ve recommended you to take the Chuunin selection exam,” He responded, “Although it doesn’t force you to take it…if you choose to do so, please fill out the little slip and take it to the ninja academy room 301 this time next week,” He observed her tiny frown at his words as he spoke;

“Why are you nominating me?” She asked, and although Kakashi thought the question a little strange, he answered nonetheless,

“Your skills are already easily that of a Chuunin, you might as well attain the rank so that you can do some more challenging missions…you’re tired of picking up rubbish, right?”

“Heh, yea,” She was looking forward for the opportunity to advance in the ranks and be of more use…but something about the idea of an exam seemed troublesome to her, and a very lazy feeling took over.  She tucked the small slip away into her pouch before looking back at Kakashi expectantly, who at first did nothing,

“…Well that’s it for today…and I’ll leave you to prepare for the exams for most of this week; however, these exams are typically taken in teams of three and I’ve found you two other Genin to participate in it with, please come back here tomorrow afternoon to meet them,”

He spoke gently, if not a little bored, he paused for a few seconds to see if Oriko had any questions but after a full minute of dead silence he took it as a ‘no’.

“Well, I’ll see you tomorrow, then,” He raised a hand to his chest, forming the small chakra-gathering half-seal and disappeared in a puff of smoke, leaving Oriko with one eyebrow raised in mild confusion for his abrupt departure. 

She nonetheless turned on her heel and wandered slowly away, wondering what she’d be facing for the Chuunin exam selection process; would it be just straight fighting? A mock mission to complete? Ugh, who knows…and I doubt that anyone will tell me what to expect…

She was lost in her thoughts for some time as she allowed her feet to take here wherever they wanted, which happened to be to the library.  Rolling her eyes slightly, she decided that it would no doubt be a good opportunity to revise what she knew and learn other things which would give her the upper hand.

Oriko eventually left the library some hours later, as it was nearing dinner time and was hoping for something good to eat, she unfortunately was first interrupted,