Hatake Kakashi: Fascination: Part XXIV

--

|| [Hatake] : Fascination : [Kakashi] || [Part XXIV] ||

--

Ok, ok! Think! These questions are exceptionally difficult to be asking Genin about…although any shinobi worth his salt would ideally know about elemental recompositon; it is the sort of thing only covered when developing a jutsu…so what’s the point of asking it here..?

And creating such tension by if one fails so does the team…as well as allowing cheating, albeit with a penalty but still…even the questions… I’d have to use my knowledge about my own elemental use to answer them – or at least some with any accuracy.

Oriko could sense she was close to an answer, but was still racking her brains… cheating…points…elemental use…knowledge…proud shinobi…a few pencils were scribbling down on the sheets, but they weren’t many – how much I would like to know what they’re writing! …I can answer the questions on wind easily because I am a wind element user…

But if anyone saw my test they’d instantly know what elemental user I was and I’d be failed…but…that would also be true for the others here, if they’re scribbling so much then I would do doubt be also to find out valuable info about them.

Oriko thought back to what she’d read about elemental use from the books in the library, specifically about the relations to each other, and their endless chain of weakness and strength relations. 

She decided that writing something rather than noting would be valuable – as well as the fact that no one could possibly decipher what element user she was just from those few sentences. 

A lot of information sprang to mind, but so much of it was to do specifically with elemental recompositon and the uses of wind element only; she could also detect that the sounds of more and more pencils being put to paper – where they being as careful about what was said as I am being? Asano better!

She thought in fury, not quite as worried about Sakura, knowing how intelligent that girl was; it occurred to Oriko, that if she knew what she was facing next it would no doubt help her in making a decision about how to answer the questions. 

But she too knew that she couldn’t hand in a blank or scant test paper and expect to pass…the tapping of pencils of the observing shinobi seemed to be getting more and more frequent…cheaters? Have to be…but there seems to be so many and if the infraction is that obvious that an ‘enemy’ could take notes then why let them get away with it?...

Unless…hmm…perhaps being a wind element user could provide me with a useful advantage… Oriko subtly allowed hand to drop to her lap as she began gathering chakra into her hand, wouldn’t it be convenient for me if a sudden wind blew open the window and flipped up some of their test papers for me to accidentally ‘see’?

 --//--//--//--//--//--

Anko allowed a large yawn to escape her as she rose from her desk, having gathered and sorted all of the release forms for the second part of the Chuunin selection exams [forms for participants to sign acknowledging the danger and that they accept responsibility for themselves in case of death].  It was well into the afternoon and Anko knew that she’d soon ‘have’ to burst in and lead all the students away before they knew their fate with the first test…

She couldn’t help but wonder how her friend Oriko was doing and if Ibiki had managed to frighten her yet, not likely! If that girl can both survive a kidnapping and even make friends with the bastard, then no one and nothing would scare her out of her wits!