Chapter Thirteen: Running Away

So this chapter is kind of boring... Sorry! I promise I'll make the next one better! The story is getting sort of I exciting to me, sonInneed to find something better...

The other day I was feeling nestolgic, Somali looked up To Mend The Broken Heart and read it :)

I found a bunch of typos, so I'm going to see if I can get it edited out. If yall havent read that one, I suggest you do! It was my favorite work! :)

Anyways, I miss that story a bunch, and I hope I can make this one as good, or even better! :)

I'm writin another one, too, wih my Harry Potter club, and this one has my personal story and background in it. It should be pretty cool! I dunno if I'll upload it any time soon, but Inthink I'll upload it eventually.

Peace!

- Haeley Snape

Chapter Thirteen

As soon as I broke into the street, I regretted running out like that. Then again, what could I have done? Stayed there and let him watch me break down because of his painful words, give him the satisfaction? Never. I had to get away.

The air was still cold, and it made bumps rise on my skin, prickling and pinching me. It was hard to run in my flats, but the adrenalin running through my veins made me pump my arms faster and harder, blindly running in the darkness. The sun had already finished setting while I was inside, so it was even harder to see out here.

I was beginning to panic when I realized I had no idea where I was, not that I really even knew before this event. This was my first visit to Spinners End. And, hopefully, my last.

Part of me thought that, maybe, Snape would come running after me, rescuing me. Or at least find me and send me back to Hogwarts, to safety and warmth and friends who care. But the idea of seeing him again, of him catching up to me if he even left his home at all, made me run even farther and cry even harder.

I was running for what seemed to be about ten or twenty minutes before I stopped, bending over and putting my hands on my knees, gasping for breath. I could feel my face, red and numb against the cold, my throat dry and sore. I had to get back to Hogwarts. Only, I didn't know where I was, of how to apparate back to the school. I'm screwed.

Maybe I was just being paranoid, but I could've sworn I saw a shadow dance across my peripheral. I turned fast, drawing out my wand, and pointing I out, alert now like some wild animal. My senses were lit up, and I was ready for action.

"Who's there?" I asked into the dead silence, my voice seeming to echo through the quiet emptiness. Silence replied to me. Another shadow, this one almost blacked and more foggy, and I spun that way. "Show yourself!" I demanded shakily.

A hand placed itself on my shoulder, sharp nails digging in, and. Score I could react, I became a black mist and was gone.

I opened my eyes, expecting the sun at least, but finding only darkness still. Maybe I was only out for a few minutes, I thought hopefully. However, when my eyes adjusted, I saw that I was in a room, my arms bound to my sides and my whole body, other than my head and neck, felt as if they were bound by some invisible rope. Whoever did this obviously had put on a vey strong dose of Petrificus Totalus. This was no accident.

"Poor pretty little girl." Sang a nasal, high-pitched voice a few feet from the foot of the bed I was laid out on. I gasped silently, holding in the breath. Bellatrix. I am an idiot. "Where's your little friends now, girl?" She mocked. I craned my head up to look around, but I couldn't. And out anyone from the shadows.

I ground my teeth. why couldn't I have jut used my common sense and stayed put, forced him to take me back to Hogwarts. Now here I am, in this terrible mess, and in for a major torture session. Maybe even death. "Why are you doing this." It was more of an order than a question, and I heard a small, mouse-like giggle come from the right corner of the bottom of my bed. A second later, the witch trotted out of the safety and concealment of her shadows, revealing herself, and laid a bony hand on the bed,waning down to my ear. "Because your dear old mummy just wasn't enough."

She burst into a fit of chortles, moving back and dancing around the room like a mad woman. I bit my tongue so not to scream and cry. "Where am I?! Where have you taken me?!" I demanded, surprised by the intensity and toughness of my voice.

Bellatrix stopped, giving me a nasty look. "That's none of your concern, girl," she spat the word 'girl' like venom. "dear old daddy won't save you this time."

I focused all my strength on moving, of Terri out of these binds, but it was no use- the spell was way to strong and ultra effective. Suddenly, the door to the room I was being held captive in burst open, and a woman stood in the frame, light emitting from around her. She looked something of an angel from this view.

But I wasn't lucky enough for that. She stormed forward elegantly, paying no mind to me. "Bella, you have to take her somewhere else." She told the insane woman. Bellatrix stomped her foot, reminding me of our encounter when I went after her, and Snape saved me. Snape. Oh Merlin, what I wouldn't give to have him save me now.

"But I can't take her any where else, Cissy! Why?!" Bellatrix whined, crossing her arms like a stubborn, spoiled child. Cissy... What could that be short for... I know it from somewhere...

Cissy sighed. "Luscious won't have it. And I'd Draco finds out..." Cissy! That's it! Narcissa, Draco's mother. I'm at Malfoy manor?!

"Please, Cissy?!" She begged, though there was a nasty tone to her voice, as it to say "if you deny me, I'll make you sorry". Which was kind of pitiful, since that was her own sister. Narcissa looked at me from the corner of her eye for a second, at my pleading face, and some small emotion crossed oer her black eyes.

Was she sorry for me? Narcissa finally sighed. "Fine. But you take it up with Lucsious." She snapped, turning her back to me and floating back out of the door, shitting it right and stealing away the small shares of light that I had.

The room went black again, and so did my hope of getting back home.

Bellatrix cackled, waking me wih a jolt. After she left and talked to Luscious about allowing her to keep me prisoner here, I had gotten a wink of sleep. However, by the thrilled and malicious look on her crazed face, I would guess that he gave her some sort of permission.

She whipped out her wand, and the seriousness of the situation hit me hard, like stones dropping in my stomach, or a train hitting me. Both sounded more pleasent than this right about now. I wriggled in my bindings, only to find that my attempts were, yet again, futile and fruitless. Not that I thought any different.

She pointed her wand at me, smile grown wide, teeth barely peeking out. "Crucio!" She yelped squeakily. I only had time to blink before the pain hit me, moving and stinging my every nerve and vein. It was like nothing I had ever experienced before.

I felt as if small daggers were taken to my skin, stabbing in and digging in, mutilating me as painfully and slowly as possible. My muscles tensed up, and I screamed out in pain. "PLEASE! PLEASE, STOP!" I pleaded, though I knew she would have no mercy. I squeezed my eyes shut, years forming behind the lids, and but down on my bottom lip so I wouldn't scream out too loud. I had to stay strong.

But the pain overrode my ability to stay conscious, and black was overcame me.

Someone shook me lightly. Pain ran through my body from the movement, my muscles and limbs refusing to move. A few seconds later they shook me again, this time harder. "Wake up!" A whispering voice that I couldn't detect hissed in my ear. My eyes flew open and I managed to roll them over to see who was intruding on my small moment of peace. A shadowy face loomed over me, white blonde hair falling into their face and onto the bed spread.

I blinked, eyes still bleary and swollen. "Mrs. Malfoy...?"

She put her finger over my lips to silence me, and I sealed my mouth shut. Was she letting me go? I watched her for a moment, hoping my idea was true. "Are you... Letting me go?"

My stomach fell when she shook her head silently. "No, I can't. But do you have anyone who can?" She asked me in a hushed voice. The first person who popped into my kind was Snape, although I couldn't tell berth at he could save me, since she would probably be able to detect something more than a normal teacher/student relationship, and the memories were still raw and painful. He probably wouldn't want to save me, anyways.

I moved my jaw to speak, thigh the words were strangled and hard to make out. "My... Father. M-oody." I told her. As hard as it was for me to admit it, he was my only hope. She nodded once and got up, hurrying out the door and closing it softly behind her. All I could do was hope my father came through for me.