Chapter 6

http://seattleclouds.com/myapplications/ellie123/sosupdate/contract.pdf

***

I desperately look at Adrien who takes off his jacket. The decision to not sign the contract was easily made yesterday, but after this, I'm debating whether to leave it or sign it. He knew that after this day, it would be more difficult for me.

"Are you okay?" I nod and bite my tongue, before I come up with the contract again.

"I'm tired." I say and take off my shoes.

"It's been a long day." He kisses the back of my hand. "I enjoyed it Lola."

"Me too."

"I want to see you again. I hate the fact, that you're letting me wait this long." He grabs me by the back of my neck. "You haven't made up your mind have you?"

"No." I desperately wait for him to press his lips against mine again, but it doesn't happen.

"I could give you more Lola."

"I know, but I have to decide whether I want it or not." I reject him and walk up to my room. Tomorrow I will get up early to get home, and I need a good lie to tell Vicky. I pretend to be asleep and stuffed my bed, but she will eventually find out and look for me when she wakes up.

***

In the morning I get picked up by a limousine. It feels hard for me to leave now. My eyes shift to Adrien who towers over me. His shirt is completely unbuttoned, displaying his toned abs. I have the urge to let my fingertips trace the outlines. Never have I been this desperate for a man.

"See you next week?"

"When exactly?"

"I'll tell you soon enough." He pulls me closer to his body and tugs a lose hair strand behind my ear.

"Okay." He raises my chin and places a very gentle kiss on my lips. I want more, but he withdraws quickly, before I can react.

"Please remember the contract. I know I seem pushy, but it is really important to me. Make up your mind, and don't agree to it, if you really don't want to." I nod. "Good, now get your little ass inside the car." He mischievously grins. Adrien and his bossy tone. I shake my head with a smile and get inside the vehicle.

***

As I get home, I feel exhausted, as if the life has been sucked out of me. I drag the many bags inside, hoping that Vicky isn't awake yet. I hoped for it, but it would have been too smooth of a criminal.

"Lola?" I drop the bags as she catches me.

"Oh hey Vicks."

"Where were you and what is with all the bags?" She hastily looks inside one of the bags. "What?! You know how much this blouse costs?" She holds it up.

"Yeah." I bite my lip.

"And where did you get it from?" She eyes me. "And what are you wearing? Is this Prada?"

"Yes Vicky." I roll my eyes.

"You were with Adrien." She states and I shrug. "He bought you all this?" I nod. "So you weren't really sick, you just pretended." She doesn't seem mad about this at all. More surprised, since I'm usually the one, who makes sure not to run into the arms of a man. She seems almost glad.

"Yes, you got it right. I didn't tell you, because I didn't wanna hurt your feelings by canceling-"

"Hurt my feelings? How old am I? Six? Please Lola, I'm proud of you. How long have I been waiting for this now? You might as well declare yourself as a couple now."