Red & Rainbow: Fake Dating

This is a short story about blind dates and a rainbow girl.
Also, about supernatural magical creatures, because they rock. :P
Enjoy this introduction to Iris and Sami (AKA Rainbow & Red), characters that will be showing up again in another book in the future.

Hope you like them. :)

..................................................................................................

|Red&Rainbow: Fake Dating|

 by Lilian Carmine  

"Are you done with that coffee, Rain? We need to get back to the dorm ASAP." Yue Lao – my annoying roommate – tried to rush me again, as we sat in the coffee shop a few blocks away from our University campus.

"Correction: You need to get back, Lao. I, do not." I pointed out cheekily.

She huffed a frustrated breath of air. "You know the boys will be picking us up by eight. We still need to take a shower and get ready. If you stall any longer, we're going to be late!"

"Again, you are going to be late." I corrected her. "My plan for tonight consists of binge-watching my favorite series with my pajamas in bed. I have snacks, ice cream, and my favorite pizza place on speed dial ready for tonight. It's going to be great!"

"But I told Don that you were coming with us!" She protested.

"And who's fault is that?" I asked, leaning back on my chair. "I never agreed to this, Lao. You have to quit this matchmaking shenanigans of yours. Stop trying to hook me up with Don. I know he's your boyfriend's best friend, and you want us to go on double dates together, but he's a tool, all right? I dislike him greatly and have vocalized this plenty of times to you. It's not my fault if you don't listen."

"He's not a tool, Rain. He's the hottest guy on campus! He's rich and gorgeous and he's a star athlete with trophies and-"

"And he's a massive tool." I finished her sentence.

Lao bristled in her seat, clearly displeased by my suggestion. "You'll be single forever if you don't change this attitude, missy."

"AND it's Valentine's Day today!" Lao protested again, stomping her foot on the floor and making the guy sitting on a table nearby look up from his phone to glance curiously at us. "You can't pass on a date on Valentine's Day to stay locked up in your room like a loser!"

I shrugged, uncaring. "Better alone than in bad company."

The guy sitting next to us chuckled at hearing this. Well, at least this conversation had been entertaining to someone, because I certainly was not enjoying one bit of it.

"Are you seriously not coming, Rain? What am I going to tell Don? He was so excited about tonight!" Lao whined with a pout.

"He was not, Lao," I said, dismissively. "He doesn't even like me. I overheard him talking to your boyfriend once, outside our room. He thinks I'm over the top and loud and too hippy. His exact words, I kid you not. And he doesn't like my hair. I can't go out with a guy that doesn't like my hair."