twenty-nine: a real chance

Sorry for any mistakes. And for the long wait. Anyway, I love you guys.
100k reads❤️
______________

I'm not perfect.

I never in my life considered myself perfect. I know for a fact that I am not perfect. I get hurt, I feel pain, I make mistakes. All things done in life prove that we are all not perfect. There are people who admit it, and there are people who are arrogant and don't admit it.

In fact, those arrogant people say they are perfect. That the mistakes they have made aren't mistakes. Which, doesn't make any sense at all. It surprises me how arrogant and ignorant those people are.

That isn't the point.

No, wait. It is.

I was done with the song. I was finishing the song up now as I stood beside Dorelys, watching and listening to her say her vows to the man she loves. I had a bouquet of flowers in my hand, a smile on my lips and unshed tears in my eyes. I was smiling because I was happy to be seeing two of my friends make a promise to each other. I was also smiling because I knew I was going to get out of this dress soon.

Dorelys and I made a deal, if I had to say the song out loud in front of everyone, I got to change into jeans and a shirt. I was so relieved when she said it was fine. I was also getting out of these heels, and my smile widen at that thought.

"The rings."

We had to look for a pastor at last minute. We asked Mike, but he said he wasn't comfortable because he didn't know Dorelys or Josh at all. I understood, but Dorelys and Josh's parents got offended and almost went off on the man. I had to bring up Ally's father, and they immediately calmed down because they knew that pastor could not say no.

So when Jerry said that, I released a small breath and moved aside for little Elijah to hand them the rings. The little boy stood beside me again, looking at me questionably; probably wondering if he did the right thing. I sent him a thumbs up, which caused him to quietly say a yes and fist pump the air. I chuckled, finding his actions even more adorable with him in a tux.

The whole week was filled with many phone calls to both Josh and Dorelys' family. Some of their family members didn't react well to two eighteen year olds getting married. Which led to me, Normani and Dinah having to come over Dorelys' house to console her. We said the usual, told her that if they didn't come they were missing out on the wedding of a lifetime.

It would calm her down instantly, and make Josh so relieved to have us. He was even more relieved to have us when I rushed to him when he nervously told me he couldn't do it. I had asked him why he even asked Dorelys to marry him if he wasn't ready. And he quickly replied with,"I love her."

"Okay then," I said, shrugging my shoulders as I fixed his bow tie."Is that enough for you?"

"She's dated many guys before me." Josh mumbled, and I raised my eyebrow questionably."She's been in love with other people, while I was always in love with her throughout my lifetime. What if she falls in love with someone else?"

"Dude," I patted his cheek, shaking my head at him."Dorelys loves you. She looks at you...have you seen the way Normani looks at her food?" Josh popped his eyebrows, nodding frantically at that. I let out a small laugh then said,"She looks at you the way Normani looks at food. And you look at her the same way. Which just shows you guys are...going to be better than great. Trust me."