Chapter 5

"Jack.." I mumble as I peak my head inside the room. There was no response. I open the door a little more, just enough for my frame to fit though. I step into the room, shutting the door behind me, glancing around, taking in the rooms detail. It was very dark, there were no lights on at all, the only bit of light was sunlight poking through a gap in the curtain. Creating a small line of light. I could just about make out shapes of objects. There seemed to be a wardrobe to my left, near the door. It stood pretty tall and seemed to be made out of wood. I slowly take a few steps into the centre of the room. I saw two beds, one on the left and one on the right. The bed on the left looked used. It's sheets were crumpled and messy and it's pillows were scrunched and creased. I walk closer to see something shiny at the end of the bed. It was a scalpel. My body shivers as I walk away, not wanting to see it. I look over at the other bed. I'm guessing this one used to be BENS. The sheets were tucked and pulled tight and the pillows were puffed and full. I'm guessing this is my bed then.. I sigh, walking over to the bed to sit down. However, before I could reach it, something grabs my shoulders and pins me to a wall.
"Gah!" I groan as my back collides with the wall with a smack, shooting pain up my spine. I look forward at my attacker but I could not see who it was, it could be anybody. I tried to talk but whenever I open my mouth, nothing came out. My body was too scared to produce words. My eyes dash around the room, looking for something near me I can use as a weapon. Then I remembered the scalpel. I turn and look at the messy bed but the blade was gone. I heard my attacker chuckle, causing me to look back at him, her, it? It slowly raised its hand, which contained something shiny. It was the scalpel. I shrink down against the wall but the attacker grabs my neck, pulling me back up. It slowly brings the scalpel to my face, I try to shy away but it's grip around my neck only tightens.
"P-please, don't h-hurt m-me." I plead, my body finally able to let me speak. The attacker just chuckles, lowering the scalpel to my chest. It brings it into contact with my skin, pressing hard, causing blood to dribble down. I yell in pain, pushing the attack away with all my might. It stumbles back and I make my move. Running towards the door. However, I do not get far as the attacker jumps on me, pinning me to the floor. I lay there on my stomach, struggling to get away. I feel its hand creep up into my shoulder, turning me around so I lay on my back. The attack leans closer to my face. The small ray of sun light seeping through the curtains, shines across the attacker. I could now see who it was. It was Jack.
"J-Jack?! What are you doing?-" I Yell but he just covers my mouth with a gloved hand.
"Shhh." He says, gesturing his finger to where his mouth should be on his mask with his other hand. I reach out to remove his hand covering my mouth but his other hand grabs both of my wrists, pinning them above my head. He leans his head closer, so his face was inline with me ear. I expected something awful to happen.
"If you're going to stay. I have some rules." He growls. His low deep voice echoed in my mind. I stare blanking at the ceiling, blinking repeatedly. He removes his hand from my mouth and his other from my wrists, standing up in front of me.
"I have 3 rules for sharing a room. Rule number 1- do not touch the jars in the windowsill." He gestures to his window. There were 3 jars lined next to each other. All different sizes.
"Rule number 2- do not touch my scalpel." He waves it around in the air before plunging it into his pocket.
"Rule number 3.. Never touch my mask..." his voice sent shivers down my spine. He sounded cold and strict. He was serious.
"If you touch my mask. Or try to remove it without my permission. I will kill you. Do you understand." My whole body jolts after hearing his words. I swallow hard, causing my throat to hurt. My body started shaking as he arches his back, bending down, his face close to mine.
"Do, you, understand?" He hisses. Too scared to talk I just nod quickly up and down. I really didn't want to annoy Jack as he seems like he could really harm me if he wanted to. The whole scene in the kitchen walkway proved that when he tried to stab me!
"Good." He nods, standing back up straight before holding his hand out in front of me. I stare at him blankly. What.. does he want me to.. take his hand..? Why?... i continue to stare but he grows impatient, grabbing my arm and yanking me up to my feet. I stumble a little but I manage to keep my balance.
"You already know how to get from the kitchen to here. But the bathroom is down the hall and to the left." He says. His voice returning to its normal calm state. I really don't want to annoy Jack. He is definitely the type that could snap at any moment. Him and Jeff.
I started to pull my arm away noticing he still hadn't let go. But instead he tightens his grip, pulling me out of the room.
"W-where are we going?" I say as I stumble behind him. He didn't exactly walk at a pace that I could keep up with when being dragged. He stops at a door. He reaches out to open it. Once it was open, he shoved me inside, walking in after me and shutting it behind him. We were in a bathroom.
"U-uhhh.. Jack?" What is he planning.. why are we in a bathroom?! I started to panic as my brain thought over the possibilities of why we could be in here. None of them were good. Jack ignores me, walking over to the sink, crouching  down, opening a cabinet. He pulls out a first aid kit and places it on the sink. He opens it rummaging through it until he comes across wound wash and patches. He gestures for me to sit on the edge of the bath. I obey not wanting him to get angry. What is he doing? I think to myself. He caused these cuts so why would he treat them? As I think, I notice Jack covering a Cotten bud with wound wash before patting it on my cheek where he made the first cut. I instantly flinch my face away, hissing in pain. Jack just stood there with his hand in the air. I could feel him staring at me. I look at my feet and bring my face back over to him, allowing  him to continue. Each pat caused more pain and stinging but I didn't pull away. I just clenched my eyes shut and gritted my teeth. Once the small cuts on my chest, arm and cheek were done, he moved over to the open wound on my shoulder. I completely forgot about it. Which was strange as it still really hurts. Jack reached for my shirt collar, lowering it. I slap his hand away.
"What are you doing!?" I protest. He sighs behind his mask.
"I can't stitch your wound if your shirt is in the way now can I?" He growls as if to state the obvious. I just exhale deeply and  nod. He lowers my shirt past my shoulder revealing a hole in my shoulder made by his scalpel plunging into me. He reaches out for a needle and starts to stitch it up. It was so painful.
"Ah!" I flinch as the needle pierced my skin. I grit my teeth. I'm surprised they didn't smash under the pressure I was exerting on them.
"Sorry.." he murmurs. Did he just.. apologise?.... I sigh. Maybe he isn't so bad... after all?... maybe he just had his days?... ugh.. what am I saying... Come on [Name], don't you remember mum telling you not to judge a book by its cover? As my mind started to trail away in thought. I didn't realise Jack was done. He stood up straight, packing away the first aid kit, putting it down under the sink again. He open the bathroom door and gestured for me to leave. I exit the bathroom and follow him back to the bedroom. Once we reach it, he walks in switching on the light, brightening up  the room. He walks over to his wardrobe and opens the two large wooden doors. One side  of the wardrobe was full, contains hung up hoodies with folded jeans, socks and shoes. I even noticed the odd piece of underwear which made me blush. The other side of the wardrobe was empty.
"You can put your stuff here." He says, tilting his head to the empty space in the wardrobe. I sigh and turn to him.
"I uh.. I don't have any of my things.." I look down at my feet, only to see Jacks hand raise in the corner of my eye. I look up to see him pointing at the bed behind me. I turn around to see clothes on the bed I was going to use. There were tops, jeans, shoes, socks and underwear. All seeming to be my size. My face blushes even more with embarrassment.
"Oh..." I mumbled, picking them up and walking over to the wardrobe. Jack slowly lowers his arm as I come towards him. I place my underwear and socks in little shelfs and the shoes on a little compartment. I leave the jeans how the are, folded, placing them on a shelf. I then start to unfold the tops, so I could hang them on the hangers. I take one, shoving the others under my arm so I could hang it with both hands. Jack extends his arm towards me.
"Here." He mumbles. I'm not really sure what we wanted, so I just stare at him blankly. But again he grows impatient, snatching the other tops from under my arm, putting them on coat hangers, placing them on the rack on the wardrobe. We finish hanging my clothes up and I turn to face him as he shuts the wardrobe.
"Thanks for helping me with my wounds and my clothes.." I say, giving him a small smile. He just shrugs and walks over to his bed, picking up a clean scalpel before walking to the door.
"Where are you going?" I blurt out. Why did I just ask that?!! I step back a little lowering my head in case he were to get angry.
"I'm going on a mission. I won't be back till later." He says nothing more before leaving the room, shutting the door behind him.