I Just Want You to Know Who I Am

AN: Hey another update yeah! I don't know what's with me. What is it with me making my character's feel pain? Bill Muse maybe? More ghost action in next chapter. Anyway hope you enjoy. Please comment. I appreciate those more than anything else. Italics=song lyrics

        Danny was not scared. He was petrified. His blood ran ice cold in his veins and his breathing accelerated almost to the point of hyperventilating. "Are you alright Danny?" His mom asked. "You look pale as a ghost son." His dad acknowledged. The voices sounded far away. 'ANYTHING BUT THIS!!!' The boy screamed internally. "Destroy it." Danny breathed.The metallic scent of the lab was all to much for him at the moment.  "What?" The three adults questioned in unison. "I said destroy it." Danny's voice rose a bit the second time. "Daniel, I don't know what's gotten into you..." Vlad Masters began. It was then Danny thought the man knew a little more than he was letting on. His eyes narrowed at the man all the while flashing that familiar neon green. 

          Danny spoke coldly, his tone ice

          Danny spoke coldly, his tone ice. "You knew didn't you?" The man in question looked extremely confused. "I don't know what you mean Daniel." The boy backed away slowly as the man reached to put his hand on his shoulder. "Get away!!!" Danny shouted as he pushed Vlad away. He had to escape and get away from that invention. As he raced up the stairs he heard his parent's voices behind him. The door slammed behind him as he fell to the rough carpet. 'My future's sealed then.' The teen thought morbidly. He didn't know what to do.

  And I'd give up forever to touch you Cause I know that you feel me somehow 

       Danny picked up his phone. He desperately wanted to talk to Sam. 'Why Sam?' He asked himself. She understood him. She knew he was a goof. She knew he was a nerd when it came to space. She knew he was half ghost and accepted him. All his flaws and insecurities. She was his best friend. 'Tucker may tease, but maybe I really do like Sam.' The halfa couldn't deny it any longer.

You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be And I don't want to go home right now  

       He didn't know if there was a heaven. He liked to believe there was one. With Sam he felt pretty close. She brought out the best in him. He was thankful to her every time he felt the wind in his face from flying. Without her he would never have gotten his powers. No matter how much he hated them sometimes, he couldn't beat that feeling of being in the air.

And all I can taste is this moment And all I can breathe is your life And sooner or later it's over I just don't wanna miss you tonight  

      He pressed 1 on the speed dial. "Danny?" Sam answered. "Hey Sam." "Hi." There was a short pause. "Is everything okay Danny? What's going on?" She could tell when her best friend was on edge. "I just, uh needed to hear your voice." Danny heard a voice in the background. "Are your parents there?" Sam sighed. "Sadly, but hey if you really need to talk I'll tell them it's an emergency." "No, no it's okay." He did want to talk to her, but she shouldn't have to deal with his problems. "Are you sure?" She hesitated. "Yeah. We can talk tomorrow." "Bye."

And I don't want the world to see me Cause I don't think that they'd understand When everything's meant to be broken I just want you to know who I am  

         Danny's mind turned to the source of his problems. His powers. No one understood what it was like really except for Vlad. He didn't know why the man had to be so bitter. He could have helped Danny in so many ways. When he had first struggled with his powers. When he had fought Dan. He recalled that other timeline and how Vlad had changed. Years wasted wanting revenge. Was that possible without all the horrible events. He really needed someone to help him through this mess. Just then he heard his door open.

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming Or the moment of truth in your lies When everything feels like the movies Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive  

          The two jump suited figures entered the room, concern written on their faces. "Danny, what's going on?" The teen felt his mom's hand on his back. Danny was near crying, but the tears wouldn't come. "Yeah son, you really gave us a scare back there. Are you alright." Jack's voice was soft for once. "I'm fine guys. It's just...." He winced at his lie. He hated it. Always having to lie. "I just had a bad feeling about it is all." A tiny bit of truth. 

 And I don't want the world to see me 'Cause I don't think that they'd understand  When everything's meant to be broken I just want you to know who I am  

            "Danny, you know you can tell us anything. Something's been going on with you." Danny looked at his mom and dad desperately wanting to tell them everything. He then recalled something Vlad had told him recently in a fight. 'Even if they accept you they wouldn't understand. Not understand what it's like to have two parts of you. A side that is dangerous.' The boy sighed. "There's nothing to tell."

And I don't want the world to see me Cause I don't think that they'd understand When everything's meant to be broken I just want you to know who I am  

             He wanted to fall in his mother's arms just like he had as a child. It seemed as if everything he did broke. He couldn't get close. He had to push away. "Mom,dad, please. I need to be alone." The two parents looked at each other. "Okay son." Jack said, respecting his son's wishes.

And I don't want the world to see me 'Cause I don't think that they'd understand When everything's meant to be broken I just want you to know who I am  

         He didn't need the world to know who he was. He just needed them to see him. Realize who he was without having to say anything. 

I just want you to know who I am

"I just want you to know who I am." The teen whispered as he broke.

" The teen whispered as he broke