Chapter Thirty Six: One More Week

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
"Hey Bailey?"

"Yes Kendall?" I asked.

He sighed, "If I were to... well... you know... die before you, mom and dad, what would you do?" He asked. I could feel his stare piercing right through me, but I decided to ignore it.

I didn't want to look at him because I knew immediately that he would see the hurt and sadness in my eyes that were caused by my mind began to ponder through the dark side of my brain. The gloomy thoughts I gain from the shadiest of questions are the worst, and I hate that part of my brain. I hated how that part of my brain would be the most logical in any of these kind of situations.

"Life wouldn't be as fun and lively without you. All the color would be drained from it and everything I'll see would be black and white." I paused for a moment, before continuing, "It'd be too plain to live in, and I'd probably be crying to the point that I'll die from dehydration because the tears sucked out all the water in me." I said. It was hard to think about not having Kendall around until I was old. He was my rock for so long, and I don't exactly know what to do without him. As I thought about this, I felt a cold breeze brush against my face which made goosebumps to raise and me to shiver.

"I'm so sorry." Kendall whispered beside me. I scrunched my eyebrows up in confusion, unsure as to why he was apologizing.

"For what?" I asked, still not bothering to look at him.

"I'm already dead." Kendall said, making me finally look at him.

He looked pale, and his green-gray eyes, the ones that had once had so much life in them, now not even showing a glint of happiness, stared back at me, haunting my vision. Kendall's brown hair was wet from the blood that came from the bullet hole that went through his head. I stared at him, my body wanting to run away and scream, but I couldn't move.

"Bailey." Kendall said, making my heart beat faster.

"Bailey." He repeated, only deeper and more unclear.

"Bailey!" Max said as I shot up almost hitting him in the head, "Holy crap, Winters." I was trying to catch my breath as I looked at him. Droplets of sweat went down my face as I remembered the bad dream I had a few moments ago.

It's just a nightmare. Don't worry.

As I began to fix my position on what I assumed is a bed, I realized that the unfamiliar surroundings. There wasn't very much light in the room due to the dark blue curtains that covered the windows. As I struggled to regain my breath, my eyes caught Max's blurry face.

Where am I?

I looked around, observing the unknown surroundings, however I couldn't due to how blind I was without my glasses, "Glasses." I said, my voice coming out hoarse and unclear. Without any words being said, he handed me the familiar object I wear on my face everyday.

I placed them on my face, finally being able to see clear objects instead of colored blurs and continued my observations on the things in the room. It looked just like Grayson's beach house accept instead of being greeted by black and white, I was greeted by white and blue. My gaze around the house went back to Max. I could only guess it was his, but there was one question that was left unanswered in my head.

Why am I here?

And then another answer popped in my head.

What happened?