Chapter Fifty One : Haunted Party (Part-2)

I was on holidays but seeing the comments, I decided to put up a chapter soon! XD

Enjoy and do answer the question at the end!

*******

Rose's POV:

I stared into the gleaming transparent eyes of Byron and stuttered, "B-Byron?"

"Hi there, heart." His smile widened into a grin showing his pearly whites with his slight dimple popping up.

"W-what are you doing here?" I interrogated which turned out a little accusing. He brought a hand to his brooch that was neatly pinned to his brown velvet jacket, as though he was pretending to fix it. His face had an ugly bruise which had turned purple and some part of it still fresh. He had attempted to hide the wound with light make up but it was very obvious.

"What happened to your face?" I asked bringing my hand up to touch the wound but Byron suddenly gripped my hand and glared, "Enough with your fake concern. I am very used to it." He whispered making me withdraw my hand from his grasp.

"Thank your husband for this gift." He pointed at the bruise and made an irritated face.

With the next twirl, my partner was to be exchanged but Byron smartly moved aside pulling us out of the ring of dancing royals when the abductor was busy dancing with a girl and it looked like he took an attraction to her. Poor her.

"I-is Henry okay?" I asked and my eyes shone with hope. If Byron got the bruise then that must mean that Henry is alright and alive. I searched for answers but his expressions showed regret and sympathy. "I am sorry, Rose." I stilled at those words and in a moment of frustration, I pushed his chest hard.

"You're lying!" I snapped and sobbed, "You all are liars, how can he leave?! He cannot leave me! He promised to stay with me forever!"

Byron ran a hand through his hair in nervousness and pulled me away from the crowd, behind the pillar. Clamping me speaking mouth shut, Byron whisper snapped at me, "Calm down, Rose!"

"Hwo chh hm?!" My voice came out muffled due to his large hand covering my mouth, I punched his chest and it was appreciable the way he was enduring my outburst.

"Rose, please." He pleaded and removed his hand. Byron quickly took out his white handkerchief from his pant pocket and started wiping my tears. "I am really sorry for the loss, Rose but crying wouldn't help you out of this." I diverted my eyes away from him and leant against the pillar for support.

"I didn't have the heart to give you this but.." He stared down at his jacket then placing a hand inside, he pulled out a paper scribbled with a very bad handwriting.

In the midst of sobbing, I chuckled a little hysterically, "He has a very bad handwriting."

"Yes, yes he does." Byron smiled apologetically and I started reading the note from Henry.

'Life is never easy, love. It has many ups and downs but the one who stays stable wins in this race. Never lose faith in yourself, doll. I know you are strong, stronger than I am and it was you who led me out from the path of darkness towards the light.

Where we stand is a battle of the biggest of empires. There is dominance, hunger, lust and greed involved. Nobody said it was easy but none said it was impossible as well. It's a game we play with our minds. Even the one with weak body but a strong mind can win, we never know.

If ever the trouble or doom befalls on us, I want you to be strong. Remember my words, sweetheart.

Though I could never say it clearly but, I love you more than anything, Rose.'