Truth

Chapter 45.

---

Recap: In the previous chapter, General Wales who was brokenhearted by Empress' death decided to retire from his position. Third Prince visited Crown Prince in the middle of the night to tell him the truth between him and Jade. He also wanted to repair the relationship between them and asked Crown Prince why did they hate each other in the first place. Crown Prince was despaired by the truths and told Third Prince that Jade was still alive. Jade was living with Bisen, her servant under her disguise name of Jan Yeva at a small village far to the east.

---

The green leaves have browned, as though they are crying for the Empire's fate, for so many tragedy has befallen the Imperial Family. And because there are so many tragedies occurring around him, he wants and he has to bring everything back to their feet. He may have lost his mountain, but being the tree itself, he may be able to build his power back up again. His heart may have been torn into pieces, but he ignores those facts and lives on with it, for he now has nothing to be afraid of anymore.

"Your Highness Crown Prince, High Minister Harv is here."

"Let him in."

That old man whose hair has fully whitened and who still manages to stand up straight, in his eyes are fear, sorrow and helplessness. He does not wear his usual lavish deep purple robes, but instead just his normal and plain grey robes. He seems to have aged significantly, probably due to the stress of being a High Minister who is fighting for his survival in the court.

"Greetings, Your Highness Crown Prince." He bends his knees painstakingly due to the pain in his joints. Crown Prince immediately leaves his rolls of books on the table and rushes over to his side, helping him up.

"No, do not be so formal. I am here today not as a Crown Prince, but as your niece's son." Upon hearing the word niece, High Minister Harv bursts into tears as the memories of Empress play back in waves of painful heartbreaks. He has already taken her as his daughter when his brother passed away young, leaving the infant Empress and her deceased sister under her care.

High Minister Harv has never had a child, for his beloved wife is barren. The next successor to the Harv family is the son of his younger brother, who is still very young, only fifteen years old. He has always thought of Empress Harv as his beloved daughter who has brought pride to the Harv family. Little did he know that those prideful moments come with the sacrificial of her life. But what is regret? What for regretting what has been done and cannot be undone?

High Minister Harv lifts his fingers and brushes off the tears of his face as he proceeds to the cushion placed right before Crown Prince. Crown Prince himself also places himself down comfortably on his cushion seat, they both sits in silence, still grieving and mourning over their mistakes.

"High Minister Harv, I need your help." He says. The old man knows, he has expected him to come to him begging for help. No matter what, he still has to protect the throne that belongs him.

"I know."

"W-what can I do?"

"There is almost nothing that Your Highness can do."

"What?"

"Your Highness.... His Majesty has been getting very ill everyday. Soon he will not be able to attend the Court. When that time comes, it all really depends on His Majesty's decision."

"I..."

"Your Highness must have known about what people have been saying about Your Highness at the Court." Crown Prince cannot hide that loud pang of guilt hitting him deeply inside. Of course he knows, and that everything is stirred up by him, that he is the one who puts all his Mother Empress' hard work over the years to vain.