26| First Kiss Between Us

26. First Kiss Between Us

"Maybe it's called love for when I feel your lips against mine, butterflies erupt inside of me."

•°•°•

"What do you mean?" I asked Claire, narrowing my eyes at her.

"I'm telling you to come with me. Everyone's going to be there and I don't want my only female companion to be Gemma. I hate her."

"Then don't go," I shrugged. "Simple."

"But I want to go! And you're going to come with me." Claire whined. "Everyone is going to be there! Darren, Brian, Sam, Josh, Tyler and J-" she stopped paused suddenly.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "And?"

She paused for a bit, "Jake," She finally said in a small voice.

"I'm not coming."

"Brooke, please. Come on! I don't want to be there alone. This is the last party I'll be dragging you to. I promise."

"Promises are made to be broken. But fine I'll come."

"You will​?"

"Yes...but um...who's party is it, again?"

"Blake."

"Who the hell is he?"

"You don't know? He's the football captain of our school."

I gave her a blank stare. "I don't know anyone from the football team except Darren."

"Who cares who's party it is. Just go with me."

"Okay," I said. She gave me a hug before skipping away to her class. I made my way to my Chemistry class, straight from the cafeteria.

I didn't want to go the party that Blake - whoever he was, was throwing. But I also didn't want Claire to be with the boys all alone, not that I didn't trust them, it was just that I didn't trust her with Gemma. She would probably drink too much and make out with a guy who was not even her boyfriend. Or will do something more.

I shook my head. Gemma was weird. She was completely fine with snogging with another guy in front of her boyfriend. Brian was not affected by it because he doesn't like her but still, that's kind of cheating on your partner.

I reached my class. Brian was already sat on his seat beside mine. I plopped down next to him. He turned his attention to me, "Hey, babe."

Those two words surprised me and I raised a brow at him. "I'm not your babe."

"You never know what'll happen in the future," He said, giving me a wink, "Babe."

"Don't call me that."

"What, babe?" He asked innocently.

"That. Don't call me that. Don't call me babe."

"You know you want me to call you that," He said.

"No I don't."

"Yes you do. Now have you completed the homework we got yesterday."

"Well, duh. Chemistry is my favorite subject and I never keep my work incomplete," I said proudly.

"Good. Give it to me."

I frowned at him, "No."

"What?"