Happier

HAPPIER

Keith was walking towards a well-known club with his five friends and a couple of other people.

While holding a conversation with Luke, he spotted Y/N out the corner of his eye with another man. Y/N is his ex girlfriend. They dated for two and a half years. Been broken up for three months. He couldn't help but to look at her smile and to him, it brighten the whole night.

Inside, he sat with only three people; the rest of the group went to go dance or get drinks. He saw her walk in laughing at what the man said. He reminisced when he used to make her laugh.

The whole night, he watched them. His friends watched him watch her. Feeling sad for their friend. He noticed their smiles were bigger than his and Y/N when they were together. "She looks happier." He said to no one in particular.

He kept telling himself that no one has hurt you like he has and no one will love you more than he does.

"You'll be as happy as her one day, bro." Algee told Keith patting his back. He tried to smile to hide the truth - that he was happier with you. He knew one day you'll fall for someone new but he didn't think it'll be when he was still in love with you. 

While the night continued on, you and Keith made eye contact for the first time and both shared a small smile. After you looked away, he whispered these words into the air, "If he breaks your heart like lovers do, I'll be waiting here for you."