V

Picture of Cassandra above.

JADA

It had been three days since we'd arrived.

72 hours.

4,320 minutes.

259,200 seconds.

And I still wanted Isabelle.

Everything she did drove me crazy. The quirk of her lip when she smiled at me in the hallways of the pack house, the dimple that appeared on her right cheek when she grinned. Hell, it took every ounce of willpower I had not to drag her into my bedroom when she drew her bottom lip into her mouth when she was nervous or thinking.

She was oblivious to it all. And while I was glad she didn't notice the effect she so effortlessly had on me, it troubled me wondering if she was as effected as I was.

Even now, at five a.m, with her hair pulled into a high ponytail, in a pair of leggings that hugged her legs and a long sleeve training shirt, she looked stunning. She had captured my attention since she entered the training centre half an hour before, and so far, nothing had been able to pull my mind off of her.

It was unfair.

Every living thing on the planet, every species, supernatural or not, had a soul mate.

For werewolves, they called them mates, and their God, or Goddess, had made it clear as to who your other half is. Your wolf knew immediately.

Vampires are similar in that sense, although their soul mates are called their beloved. While they did not have wolves to inform them of their other half, it immediately becomes clear to them.

Hunters, on the other hand, held more of a resemblance to humans. Humans, while they have a soul mate, are not aware of it immediately. Sometimes, not at all. It's a feeling that can begin as soon as you meet, or gradually get overtime. Hunters, unlike the humans, have a stronger sense of self, and therefore it's easier to know.

Hell, Katherine and Gabriel Caine were soul mates. Albeit, they were both too over ruled by their desire for power that they failed to notice each other, but that didn't mean they weren't meant for each other.

So how was it fair that I was not allowed to be with mine?

Isabelle understood my distance to an extent, so she kept her own distance enough to allow me comfort, or what she imagined to be comfort. She didn't ask questions, but it'd been obvious she was getting as impatient as I was.

I glanced across the room to find her setting up a few mats and equipment for the thirteen to seventeen year olds that were due to come in any second.

Julian and I were at the front of the room, going over the basics of training for today. Isabelle had caught us up on what they were currently learning, and since it was Wednesday, it was the day they had to train in their wolf forms. Not very beneficial for Julian and I, in my opinion.

Isabelle had offered to take over Monday, Wednesday, and every other Friday lessons, when the members were expected to shift, but we'd told her it was quite alright. We said nothing more, but it was practice for us as well.

Julian now stood beside me, glancing casually around the room. He was still hesitant around the wolves, but he'd grown to adore Isabelle's daughter, who'd taken quite an interest in him as well.

"You're not going to speak to her, are you?" He asked calmly, not moving his eyes from their position staring straight ahead.

I grimaced slightly, tilting my head to glance up at him. "What?"