Ch•23- Blue

The jet coasted through the grey clouds, snow hit against the front wind shield. Below us was a vast mountain range. I'm not sure which one though, there were many in Siberia. Their icy caps grew dangerously close to the belly of our jet, we were flying near the ground to escape the harsh wind.

            I gripped the seat, trying to read the coordinates clearly. The Jet that Cap and Bucky took was untraceable (because my Father designed it that way) but Sam gave Dad the coordinates while they were chatting and I remembered it.

            "Are we almost there?" Henry called over his shoulder from the pilot seat, ear muffs clung to the side of his head.

           "Almost, a little further I think" I scratched my head. I've never been a total expert on narrowing down on coordinates. The screen was very static and fizzled out sometimes, and I had to restart it. This jet isn't Stark designed and can't withstand the harsh weather. If we had a Stark vehicle we'd be there in no time.

          I watched as the red dot, which was our jet, approached the blue dot, which was our location.

"You think?" Henry asked in disbelief.

          "We're almost there, we're going to be on top of it any moment" I stood up from my seat and slipped on a large winter jacket overtop my navy blue prison jump suit. The jackets were kept in a compartment under the seats, lucky me "I'll go, take a comm, and fill you in on what's going on"

           "What do you mean 'fill me in'?" Henry asked, starting the decent towards the snowy mountain ground. I closed my eyes, not wanting to answer his question "Jessi..." he said cautiously.

            "I have to do this by myself Henry" I buttoned up my jacket and kept my back to him. His landing was a bit shaky, I had to lean against the wall and grip the ropes for security. Once he landed, he removed his muffs and let them hang around his neck.

            "By yourself? There's no way" He walked over to me, placing his balled up fists on his hips. He's sounding like a Dad right now, it's weird "I'm going with you, or you're not going at all, it's too dangerous"

             "Henry" I sighed sharply, spinning to face him. I kept my voice low "This is my family, I need to resolve this... I have to" I looked him in his brown eyes and took his hand for a moment. He gave a small frown but didn't protest "I'll come back, I promise"
But I wasn't sure if I ever would.

              I flipped my hood over my head and picked up a handgun from the gun rack. The hatch door opened up, suddenly brining in the snow and ice. I buried myself deeper in the coat and squinted my eyes through the snow.

             Henry stayed on the jet to watch me until my body completely dissolved in the snow. I looked back to the jet but could barely see it.

             I gripped the gun that was inside my jacket pocket. It's not like this gun could really do any damage to anyone. This is Captain America, The Winter Soldier, and Iron Man we're talking about... a puny hand gun won't do a thing.

             I told Henry that I'd take a comm link with me so we could communicate... oops. He seemed like a very strict man. He has set rules and doesn't like to stray away. I'm kinda the opposite. I do whatever. I never really have much of a plan, and if I do, I never follow it!