Chapter 21

Warning there is sexual content in this chapter, you have been warned!

************

Chapter 21

"You've done a superb job once again." Henry chuckled his face crinkling like aluminum, his smooth head bare of any hair other than his dark overly grown eyebrows

Smiling appreciatively at the older man as a middle aged woman spoke her voice deep and bland "The neighborhood is questionable." she stated her almond shaped eyes sweeping around the room as if someone was going to jump out of a corner and mug her

"It's just a bit worn Judith." Henry defended his hand still on my shoulder, Judith pointed her carrot like nose up in disgust playing the snobby old rich woman down perfectly. Her neck dripped with expensive jewels that clashed with the bland grey dress suit she worn, her thinning brown hair cupped her papery face adding attention to the wrinkles on her forehead, on each hand were two large ruby rings that if sold could feed Europe's smaller countries for months. No wonder Wes called us snobs, I thought as I examined Judith's face noticing there were no laugh lines to prove the stuffy woman held an ounce of humor.

"What we miss in class we make up for in quality and taste." Anna interjected holding a plate of desert out for everyone to take and take they did, a fury of hands reached out eagerly grabbing a plate all but the stuck up Judith that was. Anna sent Judith a smug smile when we all moaned in unison, her dark eyes sparkling with victory. Dominic's wife made an appearance not too long ago after finishing the last of the deserts, Anna; Wes's second oldest sister didn't look much like him but held the same teasing banter as Wes. Unlike Carrie Anna was tall like her brother, her figure a perfect hourglass completed with full hips and blessed with twin D's, her skin was a shade lighter than Wes's but she had the same ink black hair that made her dark brown eyes seem like liquid dark chocolate. I haven't had the opportunity to speak to her long yet Anna seemed like the woman version of Wes minus the eyes and penis.

"Henry wasn't joking when he said you are amazing." an man chuckled his large gut jiggling like a oversized bowl of jelly, I smiled feeling a blush touch my cheeks at the comment unaware Henry was bragging to the other partners about me and I wasn't prepared to hear all his comments in one night "I've been studying your past clients and I must say Ms. Sparks you sure have been doing a fine job this far, it's impressive to see such dedication from a young woman such as yourself." he added

"I take my job seriously especially since this old man." I patted Henry's hand and flashed him a grateful smile "Took a risk on the intern who couldn't keep her mouth shut."

Henry chuckled his voice booming over the chatter surrounding us "That mouth of yours is what has me asking your opinion before signing a writer." he placed his short arm around my shoulders bringing me against his chest like a father would to his daughter, my smile faded at the thought as I tried recalling the last time my father hugged me. When was two years ago? Three? Four perhaps?

"I'm telling you this little lady has the spunk of six young interns and the business mind of three of you. She's quick on her feet, professional and knows when to tell a client they just plain old suck." Henry added causing the partners to laugh at his playful comment in the end of his mini speech

"Your future looks promising Ms. Sparks." the same over weight man said his beady eyes twinkling as he held up his fork in a toast like manner

My brow furrowed as a few men and women nodded in agreement, Henry beamed looking like he had just succeeded in ending world hunger, I stared between the elder partners hoping to catch what their secret nods were about but it was like trying to decipher a different language. Excusing myself from the crowd I spotted Tess sitting with Anna who had slipped away after serving the deserts.