Chapter 16

Ever have that day when you wake up late and decide that you just won't go to school?

Well, I'm having that day right now.

My shitty alarm clock had decided that it wouldn't work today, and so I overslept. First period, if I were at school, is nearing the end and I don't see why I'd need to go now. And so James let me stay home, he said he'd make up a sick note for the school. Pretty cool brother I'd say.

But also being a good guardian he told me that next time he wouldn't be so nice.

And so here I lay, staring at the ceiling. The house is silent and for once I can hear the small noises of the house I never knew were there. It's so different when no one else is here. It's also a little weird to be without Julie, she's always just sticking to me. Don't know why though, I mean, I was a bit of a bitch.

But now I'm not, heck, I even shared James's candy with her. I didn't have any candy so his stash was the only option.

With a small huff, I roll out of bed, stumbling a bit before walking to the bathroom across the hall. I flick on the light switch and squint as the lights suddenly light up.

I remember that I did brush my teeth just ten minutes ago, yet still, I feel like I hadn't. You know, that kinda, dry feeling. I think it's because I decided to go right back to bed right after. Clearly, I wasn't as tired as I thought I was as I'm back up. And so I wash my face as to wake my eyes then make my way to the kitchen.

But when I get to the kitchen I only stand there, honestly not really knowing why I even walked there. Probably because I'm so used to just walking here after I wake up. And since it is past the breakfast time I walk back out. I'm not really hungry anyways.

Now I'm standing in the middle of the living room, feeling the hairs on my arms raise due to the cold air. Guess I should turn off the air.

Shuffling over to that part of the wall with that... thing - don't know what it's called - and turn the cold air off. Now there's nothing.

I sigh and head over to the couch, plopping down and staring at the blank television screen. For some weird reason, I just felt staring. It was really boring obviously.

Fuck, too warm.

I hop off the couch and go back to turn the air back on. It's back to being cold but I'd rather that now, just gotta bundle up in blankets.

What did I do when I didn't have Julie to bug me?

Maybe I should go outside... but it'd be weird without her. Play a game? Boring without her. Television? That's always boring... but Julie somehow could make it less boring.

I'm almost certain she'll knock at my door after school, heck, I'm kind of hoping she will. I will admit, I like when she's around now. James probably knew that for a while but it was confirmed a couple days ago on Halloween night. I'll probably have to change when it gets near that time, it would be weird to be dressed like this around her.

It isn't bad or anything, just childish pictures on my pajama bottoms. It makes me look soft. Aren't I supposed to be a bad ass?

What kind of bad ass has Winnie-the-Pooh pajama bottoms?

As long as I'm the only one who knows it's completely fine. Julie would probably tease me like the little fucktard she is.

My favorite fucktard.

Ugh. I hope these two hours pass quickly, I'm actually feeling lonely.

_____