Chapter 5

Birds were chirping sweetly as the sun rose over the forest, the lake shining a pale blue as the sunlight beamed on it. You opened your eyes, blinking a few times to adjust to the morning light. The first thing you saw was the humans sleeping face, his mouth open in a little 'o' shape.

You found this quite adorable, and you lifted your huge hand to move some of his hair out of his face. In reaction to this, Armin stirred, then he too woke up, eyes slowly opening. There was a few minutes of the two of you just staring at each other, still waking up, then Armin stood up rubbing his eyes and he said:

''I need to get back to the wall...''

Nodding in agreement, you stood up, careful to not get Armin tangled in your hair before stretching lazily. As you loomed over the boy, His eyebrows furrowed in deep thought. He was probably thinking of a way back that wouldn't cause too much conflict with the other titans. Armin was just about to explain his plan to you when a familiar voice shouted his name.

''ARMIN! LOOK OUT!''

You froze and looked towards the source of the yell. It was a boy with dark brown hair and emerald green eyes that shone with determination, and three other humans followed suit. Armin quickly looked at you, then back at the humans, that were advancing with their 3D movement gear. You couldn't run away, as the entrance to the valley was directly behind where the humans were coming from, and you didn't want to fight them because you weren't some mindless killer. So you grabbed the back of your neck in defence, as you knew that was your only weakness (from witnessing humans kill other titans) and ran backwards, back slamming against one of the huge trees surrounding the valley. The green eyed boy had reached Armin and hugged him tightly, with the three other humans stood next to them.

'They must know each other' you thought to yourself. Quick words were spoken such as ''You're okay'' and ''We sent out 4 squads to look for you'', then all the humans turned to look at you. The smallest human, a man with a scary expression on his face and black hair took out his swords, and slowly walked towards where you were stood. Eyes widening in panic, you stood rooted to the tree, frozen full of fear as he got closer to you. He was just about to aim for your legs to shoot his grapple hook into when the blonde practically screamed:

''NO! DON'T KILL HER!''Pausing, the black haired human turned his head, and replied with:

''Are you fucking stupid brat? That's a titan''

Armin quickly jumped into explaining that you had saved him from being eaten, brought him to safety and gave him food. He even showed them fish bones for proof. However, they still all remained unsure, who couldn't blame them. You were a 15 meter monster after all.

''We should kill it'' The green eyed boy said.

''Even though it saved you, it's still a titan''

''But I told you! She wont eat us!'' Armin practically yelled, a hint of desperation in his voice.

''What if theres a human inside of it?'' spoke a tall man with blonde hair and thick eyebrows.

''Fuck it, I'm gonna kill it''

Those last words had made you tense up even more, and your mouth run dry. You didn't want to die, you hadn't done anything wrong and yet this was happening. So you let your eyes well up and tears started streaming down your face.

You began crying.