Chapter Twenty Five

----------------------

Dedication: ADreamingReality for being such a great friend of mine. Thank you for your continued support of this story. I really appreciate it. :) (And for the awesome trailer!)

Recap:

As my mind was spinning with question after question, my phone dinged. Wandering over to the lounge slowly, I sat down and peered at the screen.

Hayden: If you wanted to talk to me, try words, not letters.

I roll my eyes as I read the message.

How did I know he would say something like that?

------------------

Grace: It was an accident. My phone had a spaz.

Hayden: It happened to find my profile, go into messenger and send me a message, all on its own? That's odd.

My cheeks warm as I read his message. That's embarrassing.

Why am I suddenly so awkward and weird? I'm never like this. Especially around boys. Usually they're under my control, not the other way around.

Everything is so different with Hayden.

Grace: Yeah, very weird.

Hayden: Almost like you wanted to talk to me.

Grace: Seems that way.

Hayden: Anything you wanted to talk about in particular?

Grace: I suppose not. We're not even friends, right?

Hayden: Grace.

Grace: Yes?

I watched the speech bubble appear and disappear three times, before the *seen* sits there, staring me up in the face. I sigh, locking my phone.

Closing my eyes, I rub my face.

I am beginning to fall for Hayden Cameron.

***

I nervously chew at my thumbnail as I wait for Harvey to arrive at school.

I haven't heard a word from him since I overheard the conversation between him and his mother. Feeling quite fidgety, I shift my weight from my left foot to my right. After waiting for over fifteen minutes, Harvey eventually wanders into the campus, his hair messy as if he only just got out of bed. I rush over to him, before throwing my arms around him.

"Woah," he laughs, staggering back. "Miss me?"

Stepping back, I reach out and push his chest, glaring at him. 

"Where the hell have you been and why have you not returned any of my calls or texts?" I practically shout into his face, completely furious but also overwhelmed with relief that he is actually here with me. School is very lonely without him.

He sighs deeply. "Okay, I have to tell you something and you're not going to like it."

Swiping at his hand, I tug him after me and towards a table.

He opens his mouth to begin before he leans towards me and tucks a loose tendril of my wet hair from my face. I bite my lip and glance down at my lap, a little surprised by his gesture.

"Grace, don't get mad, okay?"

I nod, waiting for him to go on.

"After we went shopping, I had a pretty serious fight with mum." He let out another sigh, before leaning on the table, balling his fist and leaning onto it. "She... She thinks... You're a bad influence on me."