Ch. 28

Mya and I get ready for the club in her room, only because she's insisting I wear a dress she bought me. Its just as slutty as hers and the other girls, or so she assures me. We know Truex won't let it happen if he sees me. So, we plan on leaving without the boys and meet them there.

"We have to hurry. I'm sure Easton is chomping at the bit to leave."

"Is Truex talking to him yet?" Mya asks, curiously.

I shrug, "He told me he would."

"Wow, that was fast." She replies, stunned.

"Well, its not like Truex is truly upset about what he did. If anything, I should be pissed at Easton. He definitely got us good. I can respect that." I say, impressed.

She scoffs. "Only you could forgive someone with the snap of your fingers."

"You weren't there. There was nothing malicious about what he did." I explain.

"True, I don't think Easton ever comes from a bad place." She states, honestly.

"So, why be mad at him?" I ask.

"You're right. Still, Truex doesn't forgive easily. I'm just surprised he said he'd talk to him, after seeing his face I thought he'd rip into him rather than speak to him."

"I begged." I admit, quietly. I hear her amused shock and add, quickly, "Plus, I pointed out that he wasn't upset about the marriage. So, he can't stay angry with him."

"Oh, B. It's like marriage made you grow up." She teases.

I glare at her. "Never."

She grins and shoves the dress she bought at me. "Put it on." I take off my top and jeans. When I hear her laugh I ignore it. I know exactly what she's laughing about, but don't care. Batman is awesome.

I grab my phone knowing Truex will be calling soon, and we leave the room walking quietly to the elevator. "You do realize he's not even on this floor." I tell her, quietly.

"Then why are you whispering?" she asks, making us both laugh. The doors t0 the elevator opens revealing Easton.

"What the heck are you doing here?" I asked, slightly panicked.

"I was on my way to your room." He replies, easily.

"You were supposed to be there an hour ago." I point out.

"I was tired. Plus, Treux is still angry. I thought it's be best to give him some space."

"Well, we're headed to One Oak and meeting the guys there." Mya states, pushing the button for the lobby. "The girls are all waiting for us in front of the hotel." She tells me.

"Why aren't we leaving together?" He asks, confused.

"Because, Truex Drama Marshall will have something to say about her dress." Mya answers him.

He looks me up and down. "He's just going to say something at the club." He replies, not understanding our logic.

"But we'll already be there. At least this way I won't be forced to change. Truthfully, I didn't bring any clubbing dresses and this is the only one I have."

"Thanks to me. You're welcome." Mya says, smugly.

"I already said, thank you." I remind her.

"Just like to hear you repeat it. Its so nice." She states, smiling. The elevator goes up to our suite floor and Mya starts to push Easton off. 

"I'm going. I'm going. You both better hurry though. I'm telling on you as soon as he answers the door."  He states, ominously. I gasp and hit the close door button on the elevator. We make one stop for other guests before we walk as fast as we can through the lobby and to the front doors.