Secret Chapter 7.

Secret Chapter 7.

*****

I looked down at my hand feeling Jayden squeeze it like he was being pulled to hell and I was the one thing that could keep him out of it. The grip made me chuckle as I gave his hand a soft, reassuring squeeze but it didn't make him hold onto me any less. I traced my eyes up to his terrified face as he looked at me.

"What if she wants to be there, as their mother? What if we mess up? What if –"

I cut him off by pressing my finger to his lips.

"There is no way she would. She's done this before and we can't mess up with boys." I said knowing that the instant annoyance he would feel at that last statement would distract him. It worked and he gave a huff turning to face me.

"You keep calling our kids' boys and –"

"Because they will be." I cut him off. Jayden and I didn't know the gender of our kids yet, but we knew we were having two. It was terrifying enough thinking about having two little people to take care of, if we had to have another version of Hayley and Izabella I would die. I knew that I was much less tough to deal with as I grew up than they were.

"Corey." Jayden frowned at me.

"I feel it, Babe: we're having boys." I smiled, but it left me feeling nauseous as I looked back into the room Tiana's screaming was coming from, it instantly made me look away again seeing just the amount of pain on her face and my head went light as her yelling subsided for a moment just to be replaced by infantile screaming. I could feel Jayden's shock and excitement in my chest. "Oh my God." I mumbled suddenly hugging him because I was so nervous it felt like I was swaying on my feet. He gave a chuckle as he returned it.

"Sounds like a girl." He smirked. I scoffed letting him go to move away but he laughed locking his arms around me to prevent my escape.

"Beta." I turned to see who had spoken to me and froze seeing the blue blanket in the nurse's arms as Jayden's slowly lessened around me. "We have an Alpha..." The nurse grinned at me.

"What?" The question was filled with the shock I clearly felt.

She nodded. I opened my mouth confused because even though Sean's son had been born Beta, I expected one of his and Izabella's sons to be the next Alpha. I figured we would have a Delta which would also work towards my generation's early retirement.

I felt Jayden let go before pushing by me gently so he could take the baby while listening to the nurse as she told him how to hold our child, even though we already knew because our parents had been tutoring us and we had been attending several parenting classes for months. I bit my lip seeing him stare down at the little guy wrapped in a blanket. I could not see the baby yet but Jayden's face was priceless. He swallowed as he sat down slowly, not moving his eyes from the child and I felt my own eyes tear up as I watched tears run down his face while he gently touched the baby's face.

"Hi, Eli." He mumbled. We had thought up names earlier. Eli and Danté. There were some for girls, but I had not really taken that seriously though I remembered the names because it was important to Jayden. I sat down next to my mate and pushed the blanket open a little so that I could see the creature making him cry so happily. I felt my heart skip seeing the now-sleeping bundle.

"Eli," I repeated his name as I brushed a finger against his soft cheek. He seemed so small and fragile... I felt like we would need to protect and coddle him the rest of his life despite him being an Alpha! At that moment I really dreaded a girl. I gave a chuckle and kissed Jayden's cheek making him chuckle before he stopped suddenly looking afraid.