What's Our Plan

Honey handed out small bags of chips. Finnick and Clawhauser ate some, but Judy passed. Nick tossed a few in his mouth, then put the bag down on the wooden table in front of the beanbags.

"So, what happened that night after I went crazy?" asked Nick. Honey smiled.

"Oh well, you know. Had to scamper out another way so we didn't get caught by the police. Then we had to come here and patch Benjamin up cause of the scratches."
Nick's ears lowered as he turned to the cheetah.

"I'm sorry about that. I had no control over what I was doing...There was just a voice in my head. It kept telling me to attack someone. To kill someone..It drove me crazy and my mind went fuzzy." Nick sighed.

"Don't worry about it Nick, I'm fine. After I heard what had happened with the night howlers, I knew you weren't really going savage by yourself." said the cheetah with a wave of his paw, brushing it off.

Judy sat curled up on one of the beanbags, rolling her carrot pen over in her paws. She pulled out her phone and looked at the time. It was eight o'clock AM. They were running out of time.

"So, what do we plan on doing when we get to Animalia?" asked Finnick.
Nick sighed.
"Well, we get in, get on stage, and try to show the world Mayor Swinton's true colors. We can try to find her gun and use it for evidence maybe?" asked Nick.
Judy shook her head.

"No..It'd be too difficult to find in such a small time period. I'm thinking that something bigger is going to happen tonight." she said.

"What do you mean?" asked Finnick.
"I mean, she has the gun that shoots the darts. And..She's going to be there tonight watching the show. Gazelle has four tiger dancers on stage with her. If I have an idea on the way the mayor thinks, I'd say there's going to be something very bad happening tonight." said the rabbit.

Nick looked at her. "You're not saying you think she's going to dart the tigers with the serum and cause them to attack the crowd? Do you?" he asked with worry on his face.

"I wouldn't put it past her." said Judy sadly.

"That's just great," muttered Honey. "If the bunny's right, that means we'd have to go up against four tigers that have lost their minds. Not to mention trying to calm down the crowd afterwards. The crowd wouldn't even look at us without shooting us on sight if just a moment before they were being attacked by tigers."

They all looked down at the floor, thinking.
"Then if that is what she is going to do, we have to stop here before she does it." said Judy.
"But how?" asked Clawhauser.

"We take her gun away. We tell the crowd what she plans to do."

"Good luck trying to do that." said Honey.

"We'll make it work. But we have to get started soon." said Judy.

Everyone nodded but Honey, who was wondering how all this would play out. She would love if they won, and they could stay in the city and not wear their collars anymore. But she knew deep down that something was going to happen tonight, whether it be good or bad.