Chapter 7-Edited

Chapter 7

Ryder's POV

As soon as I opened the door, my nose was assaulted by my mate's sweet scent. She smells like strawberries and roses. I didn't know that I could ever love one scent so much.

Once I looked into her forest green eyes, I knew I was in love. She is the most beautiful person I have ever seen in my entire life.

She has a cute and small perky nose, and a splash of freckles along her nose. Her hair is dark brown, while mine is jet black.

She's pretty short, and I tower over her, but she's perfect to me. She's more than what I could've ever asked for or imagined for myself.

Kaydon growls in approval as I quickly check out my mate. I reach my hand out and touch her arm. My hand starts tingling, and that feeling spread through my entire body. I pulled her closer to me, and Kaydon growled in approval of our mate being so close to us.

I was about to ask her what her name was, but then that stupid pup started yelling about how MY MATE was "his."

I will never let that happen; I just found her, and I'm not letting anyone have her. I will do anything to keep her safe, even if I die in the process.

I notice people start to crowd around us. Apparently my little mate doesn't like attention, because she started to look uncomfortable.

I pull her closer to me, and she blushes a little bit. I smile knowing that in the one that caused her to blush. She looks even more beautiful when she blushes.

I'm barely paying attention to anything but my mate.

"She is so gorgeous. Claim her now, Ryder," Kaydon says to me.

"I can't claim her right now."

"Why not?"

"Because now is not the time. I want it to be special, not in front of all these people. And, if I mark her without her permission, she could get mad at us."

"Fine," Kaydon grumbles, "but you better mark her soon," he says before shutting me out. He's probably talking to our mates wolf.

I'm still trying to tune everything out, but this pup keeps saying that my mate belongs to him. After a while, I snap, and I'm about to beat some respect into him, but my mate stops me.

She wants to talk about this later, and when there's less people around to listen. I quickly jump at the chance to spend some time with my mate away from these people, but then Zeke, or whatever his name is keeps yelling and stuff. And his dad and that slut keep agreeing with him. I'm about to just walk away.

Then he tries to hit me.

He obviously does not know who he is messing with.

I easily dodge his attack, and then I have him pinned to a wall. His dad tries to get me off him, but Kaydon is mostly in control, and he's not playing around.

After some time, I get bored, so I let the pup go. The punch I gave him was just so he wouldn't be able to talk or use his jaw for a little while. I feel like I did everyone a favor.

As I go back to my mate, I see a guy glaring at me. From their similar features, I'm guessing they are siblings. I'm not really in the mood to get a lecture from him though.

"Alpha Ryder," he says

"Yes?" I ask with a sigh. If he pisses me off, I don't know if I can control Kaydon. I also know that if I hurt him, my angel will be mad at me, and she won't talk to me.