day 9 pt. 1

day 9 pt. 1
08:22

it'd been a few days since seokjin saw namjoon, which was heavily disappointing. rather than coming in himself to get a cup of coffee or tea and his signature strawberry shortcake, he sent in friends like yoongi to pick it up from him.

"you're going through a boy withdrawal." jaejoon patted him on the shoulder in sympathy. jin was assigned kitchen duty for a few hours along with taehyung, but the younger boy was too busy playing with the chalkboard outside.

"i miss him jae." pouted jin, pressing his forehead against his friend's chest.

jin usually never acted this way with other people—especially if they were younger than him. jaejoon just happened to be the exception.

"haven't you texted him?"

jin nodded.

"have you asked where he's been?"

jin huffed and pulled away. "i'm not the damn boy's mother, much less friends, i have no place to wonder where he is."

as soon as jin had finished talking, the bell above the entrance door sounded with a few chimes. "oh, hey namjoon." the two heard hoseok's cheerful voice from outside.

"he's here." jaejoon sung like the girl from poltergeist, and grinned something eerie.

jin had practically sprinted out of the kitchen in order to get beside hoseok as speedily as he could.

once by his co-worker's side, and standing across from namjoon, he smoothed down his hair acting as casual as he could muster.

"hi namjoon." he greeted. he crouched down into the glass casing to pull out a cherry pie, pretending as if the treat was what he was so flustered about. "hello seokjin." the younger boy smiled.

his dimples were on full display and jin almost dropped the pie upside down onto the tiled floor.

"are you here for another strawberry shortcake, joon?" hoseok questioned. jin whipped his head in this direction, eyebrows raised to the roof at the nickname.

not even he had a nickname for the purple haired god of dimples, but hoseok did, and he felt slightly offended.

maybe he should start calling namjoon by a nickname also? after all, he calls jin by a nickname most of the time.

"just a slice, please." namjoon ordered politely and turned to jin once hoseok bent down to prepare his order.

"so are you just going to stand their holding that pie?" he tilted his head to the side in mock as he took in the very essence that was the pretty employee named seokjin.

"what?" the older breathed out in a momentary daze. this caused namjoon to chuckle, and he decided to take matters into his own hands. he took the pie from jin with one hand and placed it on the counter.

the older boy was staring at him with wide eyes, looking somewhat childish and more boy-ish than he was. boy-ish in the sense of being an adolescent again who marveled minor details and was still surprised by the world.

"i really came for you today rather than cake." namjoon announced. he put his forearms on the counter, hovering slightly over the pie, and leaned closer towards jin.

whenever he did this, jin always felt intimated and small, but also slightly hot. he couldn't help but notice the dominance that radiated off of namjoon in subtle waves—he found it attractive.

"did you?" he straightened up, reminding himself that he was the older one and a boy with purple hair and dimples shouldn't make him feel vulnerable.

namjoon hummed in agreement and mischievous amusement twinkled in his eyes as he steadily watched jin. "your track is finished." he said, not looking away from the employee's eyes.

"is it?" jin dropped his gaze to the pie in between them.

namjoon nodded, "are you going to keep answering me with questions?"

"does it bother you?" jin smirked subtly, still not looking at the male in front of him. he found the situation funny and wanted to see how far he could take it.

"no. i like hearing your voice, so it doesn't matter what you say or how you respond. as long as you're talking i'm sastified."

at this, jin almost slipped from where he stood.

"anyway," namjoon straightened up properly, no longer leaning against the counter, and pulled something out of the bag he was holding. he slid it towards jin with a smile. "if you're free later, we should listen to it together."

hoseok stood in the corner, strawberry shortcake in his hands, looking around awkwardly. he wasn't sure if now was an appropriate time to butt in and give namjoon his order, or if he should wait for the two to finish their weird flirting.

taehyung, on the other hand, had come out from the kitchen in annoyance. "their relationship will go no where if they continue this elementary flirting." he whispered to hoseok.

"no, they do some suspect things," hoseok said back, "its more like middle school flirting."

"it's more like shit flirting." taehyung huffed. "i'm going to help them out."

hoseok would have reached out to stop the younger if he didn't have his hands full. really, hoseok could have stopped taehyung, seeing as he had a free hand, but he agreed with tae. he also wanted to see what would happen.

"that sounds like a really fun date. you should do it jin. i ship it; namjin for president." taehyung harshly patted his older friend's back as he passed by.

from the harsh contact, jin choked on his own spit and began to cough into his hand—which he found gross, because of germs, but he also wasn't going to cough all over namjoon and the cherry pie.

he glared at taehyung's back, internally cursing the boy for never being able to fail at embarrassing him.

first it was offering his voice to namjoon's track, and now it was suggesting a relationship that didn't exist.

where jin felt as if taehyung made things awkward, namjoon snickered. "it does sound like a fun date, though, doesn't it, jinnie?"

"so... it's a date then?" jin asked in a small voice.

"i wouldn't want it to he anything else." namjoon huskily said underneath his breath so only seokjin could hear.

he tossed the older boy wink and one of his killer smiles.

***

part of me would prefer for this to be yoonmin since that's what i'm most comfortable writing,, but