Holding You Down

No silent readers allowed! Please like and comment.

All Rights Reserved © 2013-2014 _Dream2Reality

Monique

"Oh shoot!" I screamed as they started shooting. We were in the middle of a drug deal when these dudes pulled out their guns and started demanding things from us. I can't say that I didn't have a feeling this was gonna happen though.

Let me give you a quick background on me real quick though.

My name is Monique. I live in Atlanta. I'm 18 and I've been in the game ever since I was 16. My mom didn't do much to try and raise me. Ever since my dad left us when I was three she's been blaming me for it. By blaming I mean just basically treating me foul.

She got hooked on the drugs and alcohol, and after that it's like I didn't even exist to her. Pretty sad, right? Don't worry, it somewhat gets better.

When I was 15 I would go to the park after school and wait until it was dark to go home because I knew my mother would be passed out with a bottle by then.

One night while I was there I met Roscoe, the guy who changed my life.

We starting talking a little and he convinced me to become apart of his team. He said it was guaranteed easy money and that I could stay with him and some of the team at one of the many houses they owned. This basically sounded like a ticket out of my misery.

I agreed and I was in.

Since then I've been an assistant and somewhat "boo" to Roscoe. Making sure everything was right, holding him down, and doing deals. Similar to what I'm doing now except these guys are super shady.

"Nique let's get outa here!" Ced screamed.

Ced is apart of the team. He joined a little after me and has been like my big brother ever since. It was just me and him on this run.

I nodded my head and pulled out my glock. There was no way we were gonna just walk out of here.

Bang.
Bang.
Bang.

I shot three times. They retaliated by shooting back. I knew these guys were shady the second they pulled up. I just had that feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I tried to run over to the other side of the room where Ced was but I slipped and fell. I got up quickly then me and Ced shot some more until we were finally able to get out of there.

We ran to the car and suddenly I felt a stinging sensation in my forearm. I felt like I broke it or something.

"Ouch!" I hissed while clutching it.

"Whoa let's drop by the hospital real quick. " Ced said exaimining my arm.

We went in and I got examined. Turns out I just fell wrong and my forearm was just in deep pain. They gave me some medicine then Ced and I were on our way back to the trap.

When we walked in I saw the usual. Naked women, drugs, and money. You honestly get used to it after a while.

"Where's Roscoe at!" I screamed.

Some girls pointed to his office so I went that way and busted in.

"Roscoe what the hell?! I told you something was up with those dudes!" I vented.

"The hell? What happened?" Roscoe asked getting up from his desk.

"We brought the product in and they pulled their guns out and demanded that we tell them all this stuff!" I yelled.

That piece of information seemed to have caught his attention.

"What did they wanna know?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"They kept talkin bout coming up and stuff. I don't know. There wasn't much talking after they pulled their guns."

Roscoe went behind his desk and typed something on his computer then left the room. He kept cursing silently. I followed him down the hall and into our guns room.

"What does this mean? " I asked.

"I'm not sure yet, but I'm not tryna risk anything." Roscoe said strapping up.

"Tell Ced and them to take inventory of all the product we got at this location. Ima go check some of the other traps to see if anything going on. Oh yeah and get everyone the hell outa here." He said then left the room.

"A "Please" would be nice." I mumbled to myself as I walked down stairs.

I did as told and stopped the music that was playing which caught everyones attention.

"Ayee everyone out now! " I said. Before coughing because of all the smoke in the air.

They stopped for a minute and looked at me then went back to what they were doing, ignoring my orders.

Nothing pissed me off more than not being respected by others. Especially if I did nothing to lose that respect in the first place.

"Oh so y'all think I'm playing? " I said to myself.

I grabbed a gun that was on the table and shot one of gun keepers in the leg. The sound of the shot got everyone's full attention this time.

"Y'all think I'm playing? I said get out so get the hell out!" I threw the gun at the gun keeper that I shot. "And put this shit in inventory." I mean mugged him then walked off.

Everyone got the message and started leaving.

Yeah I know what you're thinking.

Why is she so mean?

Why is she so hard?

But no. I will be respected. Shooting him was nothing compared to what Roscoe would have done if he pulled that stunt on him. He should be thanking me really.

One thing Roscoe always tells me is "Seek respect, not attention. It lasts longer".

I live by that quote but some people just don't seem to understand that.

I caught up with Ced. "Roscoe said to take inventory of all the drugs and stuff." I said.

"You can't go a week without shooting someone can you?" He asked while chuckling. I guess he saw what went down in the other room.

"Nah, you know how I do. It's all about the respect." I said rubbing my hands together.

"Ight but did he want us to do the guns and money to? Or just the product?"

"I guess. I think some serious stuff bouta go down though Ced." I said getting serious.

We're the top sellers in Atlanta.

Sure, you got the little wannabes that come around every once in a while. But we never really had anything major to deal with. And I never had the feeling that I have right now.

"Ion know you might be right. But lemme go do this real quick so I don't end up here all night." Ced said to me.

I looked at my watch for the time.

7:45 pm

"You right. Lemme get home. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Be safe," He said to me.

"Be safe," I said back.

We can't really say "see you later" around here. Cause in reality, we never know when we'll see them again.

...

Trust me, this story gets way better. Just give it a chance please and I promise you won't be disappointed.

Monique in mm. She's played by Jennifer Hardwick.

-Dream2Reality ❤