Chapter 73: The Unagi

Saira's P.O.V

It was the day, we would depart from Republic City, leaving the inhabitants of this beautiful city with Haku and his men. It was weird, not to have Haku here. Back, when I was working here, he would spend a lot of time with me. Not that I was alone, no, I just enjoyed his presence. Not having him here was as if something was missing. He was missing.
I kept staring at the sea and breathed in the salty air. I loved the sea it was just magnificent and mysterious. It was as if it hypnotized me with its beauty. Suddenly I felt strong arms wrap around my waist and I immediately knew who it was.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm enjoying the the view. Why are you here?"

"I was looking for you. You missed breakfast."

"I know but this view was more worth than eating."

He chuckled while he moved next to me to enjoy the energy of the sun that was flowing through our veins.

"I'm glad you are here."

I looked at him:"Oh really? Why?"

"First of all because I don't have to be away from you and second, everything will be easier now that you check us."

"Easer? You didn't really think that I would be nicer just because I once worked here. No, I will be stricter than usual and I want to be treated like a crew member ."

"You really take your job serious, don't you?"

"Just like you do."

He then kept looking at me. Iroh knew that I was right:"Fine. But why did you take Asami with you?"

"As far as I know, she is a part of the United Forces."

"Yes, she is but she is just the engineer."

"The weapons and munitions were made by her. Don't you think she has to know what she has produced? Or which flaws her machines have?"

"I understand."

Before I could talk back, I was interrupted by someone who called my name. I turned around to see some men of the crew.

"Yes?"

"It's just great to have you back again."

"Thank you?"

"Levi."

"Oh lord. I can't believe it's you! You changed so much!"

"I'll take that as a compliment. You still are sassy. Now I know why we don't have any women here."

"And you still are sexist. I'm not a feminist but women can do a lot, even taking over a man's work.", I teased.

"Oh really, Mommy?", he tried to say in a childish voice.

"Do I look like I'm weaker than you?"

"Saira, you may look like twenty five but we all know that you are thirty three. So you are weaker than us. And we are fitter than you."

"I bet not."

"I bet."

"Is that a challenge?", I said leaning forward,"If so, you may choose a discipline."

"And you think you gonna win?", he asked sceptically.

"I always win.", I smirked.

"You still enjoy roasting us, huh?"

"Indeed."

He then spat on his palm and held it for me to shake it. I looked at his hand and although I was disgusted, I did the same and shook his hand.