Chapter 1

Meet Raina of Squaxin/Rain's first adventure

Rain's pov.
Hey, my name is Raina of Squaxin island. I'm 16 years old, i'm half Native, half white. I have long black hair that reaches my hips, and sky blue eyes. I live with my mother, uncle and grandmother. My uncle is the chief of my village. My mother is full Native, while my father was full white. She.... does'nt like to talk about him a lot, which i understand. The only thing i knew was that my father left my mother when he found out she was pregnant with me, he left with another woman... Yeah.. Our village is kinda traditional-modernish, we use electronic stuff. I'm not allowed to go explore outside the island, my uncle and my mother allways wanted me to be the next chief, my grandmother, is the best person i ever met, she is the only one that understands me. She only wants me to be who i really want to be. I love to sing, it's the only thing that makes me feel alive.
It was just a normal day and me and granny were taking a walk at edge of the water. "Raina, have you ever wanted to explore other lands?" Granny asked. I looked at her shocked. "I....I don't know...I want to, but my mom and uncle want me to be a chief in the future. But they need to understand that i want to make my own choises." I admitted. Granny smiled and held my hands. "I allow you to live your own life, you have become beautiful, wise young lady, no matter what choises you make, i will allways be with you. And now it is time for you to build your own future" she took out her necklace and put it around my neck. I looked at it and then back at granny with tearfull eyes. I hugged her tightly and thanked her. "Will you tell mom and uncle about this?" I asked. She chuckled "I'm their mother, i don't have to tell everything" I smiled. I gave her one last hug and ran back to my hut to gather my stuff. I got out of my traditional dress and changed into my swimsuit.

I put all of my stuff in my boat, i already left a note to my mom and uncle

I put all of my stuff in my boat, i already left a note to my mom and uncle. I sailed away from my island. Off  to see the outside world.
(Timeskip)
It's been a week since i took off and still no land. I became bored and began to sing.
I've been standing at the edge of the water
'Long as I can remember, never really knowing why
I wish I could be the perfect daughter
But I come back to the water, no matter how hard I try

Every turn I take, every trail I track
Every path I make, every road leads back
To the place I know, where I can not go
Though I long to beee~

See the line where the sky meets the sea it calls meeeee~
And no one knoooows, how far it goooeees~
If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind meeee~
One day I'll knooooow, if I go there's just no telling how far I'll go

Oh oh oh, oh, oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh

I know, everybody on this island seems so happy on this island
Everything is by design
I know, everybody on this island has a role on this island
So maybe I can roll with mine

I can lead with pride, I can make us strong
I'll be satisfied if I play along
But the voice inside sings a different song
What is wrong with meeeee~?

See the light as it shines on the sea it's blindiiiiing~
But no one knows, how deep it gooooeees~
And it seems like it's calling out to me, so come find meeee~
And let me knoooow, what's beyond that line, will I cross that line?

See the line where the sky meets the sea it calls meeeee~
And no one knoooows, how far it goes
If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind meeee~
One day I'll know, how far I'll goooooooooo~~

After the song i noticed something..... A land!! Wait... it's a city! I made my boat go faster until i was there. I slowly set down my feet on the sand as i looked. I arrived at a beach. But something seems odd... The people don't look... human... I'll worry about it later, i hid my boat somewhere between the rocks and changed into my regular clothes.

I kept my hair down, i took my phone with me and hid my granny's necklace in my shirt

(Timeskip)
I walked on the sidewalk as the animals  looked at me like i'm some weird alien creature. Well i did'nt judge them, this place was full of animals! I felt kind of awkward but kept walking until i heard someone singing in an alley. I felt curious and followed the voice until i stood face to face with a gorilla....

Johnny's pov.
Should I try to hide the way I feel inside my heart for you?
Would you say that you would try to love me too-
I stopped singing looking at a human with shock written on my face. What's a human doing here?! She must be a female. We stared at eachother for a moment. I had to admit, she was the most beautiful creature i've ever seen... Her blue eyes were the clearest blue i've ever seen, her long black hair gently flowed on her pretty face... "Woah..." i trailed off, then i started to snap out of it and blushed. The girl looked at me with confusion then laughed nervously, making me stop breathing. "Sorry, did'nt mean to scare you, i just heard you singing and i became curious, you really have a nice singing voice btw" she complimented, even her voice was like music to my ears! Why do i feel like this? "T-thanks..." I trailed off, not knowing her name. "Raina, Rain for short" she held up her hand "I'm Johnny" i shook her hand. "Nice to meet you then Johnny" she said. I smiled "Nice to meet you too Rain". "Well i hope we meet again soon, for now. Here, have my number! I have to go now" she gave me her number. I was kinda sad that i won't see her again, but did'nt show it. At least i got her number! We could still stay in touch! "Thanks! I'll text you so you know that it's me" "Kay! I'll see you then, bye Johnny!" "Bye Rain!" I watched her walking away. "Raina..." i whispered "it suits her..." i continued singing, thinking about her..
In your mind could you ever be really close to me?
I can tell the way you smile, if I feel that I could be certain
Then I would say the things, I want to say tonight...

Raina's pov.
I was walking back to my boat, and i already made a friend! A cute one too.. Wait what?! We just me-!! A paper flew right into my face. I yelped and took the paper off and looked at it. A singing competition??! And the reward is $100.000 dollars??!! That's a great price to build my life here! This is my chance! Let's see where the location is... Moon Theater? I think i passed that theater while i was exploring.... I happily ran back to my boat.

To be continued!!
~Blair