16

Opening my eyes, I let out a big yawn and fused my eyebrows together when I saw an unfamiliar ceiling. Where am I?

I slowly sat up and yawned again, rubbing my eyes. I didn't realise I was smudging my makeup until I saw the black mark of my hand.

"Great." I huffed. I then noticed the black dress on my body and my eyebrows rose. Everything came back to me and I realised I was with Kol and his siblings.

I climbed off the bed, kicking my heels off and walked over to the door. I yanked the doorknob and sighed when the door didn't move.

"Kol!" I yelled, bashing the door. "Open the door. Kol!"

My hand continuously whacked against the hard wood and I waited for a response. "Kitten calm-"

"I swear to god, call me kitten again and I'll murder you." I interrupted, frowning at the door.

Kol laughed from the other side of the door. "You haven't changed a bit."

"Kol, please." I whined, my voice nicer. "If you love me, let me go."

There was a moment of silence before I heard a click and the door opened. Kol walked in and looked at me, cupping my face. "No."

I scowled and he laughed, planting a small kiss on my forehead. "It's nice to see you awake my dear."

"What did you do to me?"

Kol ran his thumb down my cheek. "You were overreacting, so I had to calm you down."

I rose a brow. "But I'm on vervain, you can't-"

"I'm an original, honey." He chuckled. "Besides, it won't happen again."

"You promise?"

He nodded with a smile. "I promise, Raq-"

"Riley." I corrected.

He rolled his eyes. "Riley." Kol said. "I just don't want to lose you again my love." He said, with a calm voice. His eyes met mine. "I love you too much to let go and I've spent too long without you with me."

I pursed my lips together. Aww....that's so cute.

"But I don't want to leave Mystic Falls." I said. "I like it here and you are practically kidnapping me."

Kol smiled. "If I must, I'll wait a while before we go to New Orleans."

My head perked up. "Really?"

He laughed. "No." I frowned and he kissed my forehead. "Don't worry, you will love it in New Orleans."

"No."

"Kitten-"

I huffed. "Enough with that."

"Fine, Riley." He said. "I assure you nothing bad will happen."

I raised a brow. "Then can I go back to my friends?"

"You mean that witch?"