❥ Chapter 2: The Suit

Grillby opened a door to a closet full of suits identical to his, but in different sizes.

After he and Sans had finished cleaning the bar in preparation for the next morning, they had both agreed to might as well get Sans fitted for his uniform while they had the chance.

"woah..." Sans whispered under his breath at the large amount of different garments that made up each of the outfits.

"why do you have so many if you're the only one that works here?" Sans wondered aloud, still in awe at the amount of suits shoved neatly into the closet.

Grillby took out a small suit that looked around Sans' size.

"I've been working here since I was a child, so I needed new uniforms as I grew up." He clarified, handing Sans the uniform set, who took it in a very questionable manner.

To be honest, the skeleton just wished he could work in casual attire, since it certainly was more comfortable than formal clothes.

In his opinion, it was dumb to judge the work ethic of someone based on their attire of choice, so wearing anything fancy just to go to work was pointless to him.

Grillby softy tittered to himself and directed Sans down a hall to a restroom.

He could easily tell how displeased Sans felt judging by the way his smile seemed forced.

"Try it on." Grillby instructed, unlocking the restroom door and opening it for the smaller monster.

Sans shook his head and sighed, dragging himself into the restroom and shutting the door behind him.

"fun..." he sarcastically muttered under his breath, throwing the clothes to the corner and beginning to undress himself.

A couple of minutes later, Sans slumped out of the restroom and made his way back down the hall.

Grillby was sitting on a wooden bench at the end of the hall by the closet door, scrolling through his phone.

When he looked up, his jaw dropped and his flame became slightly agitated.

Although Sans was dressed in fancy, elegant clothes, he turned out looking even worse than before.

The suit wasn't buttoned up completely, and it was obnoxiously obvious that there was no effort whatsoever into correctly putting on the suit.

He looked like the definition of sloppy.

Grillby stood there with his mouth wide open for five seconds before giving Sans an irritated look.

"Really?"

"what's the problem?" Sans innocently asked with a shrug, putting his hands inside his pants' pockets.

"You know what's the problem. Here, let me help you." Grillby grunted, walking up to Sans, and proceeding to fix up his suit.

"geez, grillbz, no need to be so hot headed." Sans taunted, putting his hands out of his pockets as Grillby straightened out the wrinkles from the suit.

After having to literally re-do everything for Sans' suit, Grillby took two steps back to take a look at the overall improvements.

A face of satisfaction soon took over the annoyance in his face.

This was the first time he had ever seen Sans look so presentable and formal.

It was surreal.

"Shame. I had to dress you like an adult would have to dress a five year old." Grillby teased, walking around Sans and gently grabbing him by the shoulders to guide him towards the body sized mirror hung on the closet door.