chapter twenty

third person pov

Saphire spent the next week having to deal with the constant fluttering in her heart as she remembered his tousled brown hair or his delicate lips.

Every morning when she looked in the mirror she imagined him behind her, tracing her fingers over her shoulders almost feeling his soft touch.

As she strode down the streets, people felt the light in her heart radiate onto them. Such happiness she had never felt and as much love as she had for Ethan wasnt comparable.

He lay on his bed fiddling with his fingers hearing her fragile voice in his head, her smile had been etched into his skin. When he spoke to her on the phone, hairs rose and goosebumps lifted.

His twin brother had never seen him so thoughtful. He no longer had an interest in video games for example, after school he'd immediately go upstairs into his room, rosy cheeks and a grin playing in his eyes.

His homework was no longer done last minute or copied of someone else. He began practising on the drum kit again. It was as if two stilts had lifted him from all the mistakes he was making.

'What are you doing?' his brother would ask.

Ethan would shrug but he knew exactly what he was doing. He had his mind set on starting a new life with a reason. Her. He wanted to spend his last days with her at his side, sitting in front of a fireplace, a dog at their feet as he still played with her aged hair.

His heart was hooked onto hers.

Sounds unrealistic, doesnt it?