Epilogue

Link sat down on a comfy sofa in his large room. He now resides in the castle with Queen Zelda, staying at her side at all times in case of any danger. Instead of being manipulated as a bodyguard to her highness, Link had been knighted just about a year ago, and that is when he became appointed as the queen's knight.

Queen Zelda was a splendid lady, much nicer and caring than what she used to be. It fascinated Link, seeing as how the Triforce piece could alter someone's personality so drastically. He couldn't even believe this was the same Zelda who had the intentions of murdering her father.

He didn't want to remember that.

Link was usually not one to stay focused on the past, but it did take him a long time to let all of this chaos go. He was called a hero of the land, but apparently, nobody remembered any of Zelda's malicious doings. They all assumed it was the dreaded beast, Ganon, who threatened the land. Theories were created that Ganon brainwashed them or something, and only now that he was gone did they regain self control.

It was the work of the goddesses, Link knew that well. It was marveling - knowing that the power of the three goddesses could change the world so much. Along with the Six Sages of Hyrule, they all created a peaceful land once more, after sealing away the Triforce of Power.

Staring outside the clear glass windows of his quarters, Link began to ponder over one thing - when would Ganondorf break free from his seal?

Thinking back to Ganondorf troubled Link, you could say. He wished that things did not have to turn out like this, but here they are. After all, it wasn't his choice on how the world functioned. If the three goddesses of the Triforce and the Six Sages believed this was the correct decision, then so be it. Link just wished that there was an alternative route.

A knocking on his door emitted from behind him, causing Link to look over his shoulder and at the actual doors. He muttered a quiet, "come in," hearing the door open behind him and then close again.

"Good afternoon, Link," the voice said softly, which Link easily recognized as Queen Zelda.

He still sat on his sofa, though. "Good afternoon. What brings you here?"

Zelda was silent for a moment, before she found the words to say. "I was making plans to...throw a party."

This is what made Link face her at once, and he wore the most flabbergasted face Zelda had ever seen on any Hylian, ever. It made her chuckle internally, but she kept her joy to herself.

"Okay...why does this involve me?" Link questioned, situating his body on the sofa so that now he was facing the queen.

"I just need your help making these preparations. I would like to see your insight on this; what we should do, serve, the decor, etcetera," Zelda explained, flashing a small toothy grin at him in an attempt to coax him over.

"With all due respect, your highness, I don't think I'd come up with any...good ideas," Link murmured to her, sighing afterwards. "There are plenty more people you could ask."

"Oh, Link. I want your help, though," Zelda said. "I have faith that you can make this party incredible."

"You're not winning me over," Link grunted, folding his arms across his chest and looking away from Zelda.

The queen sighed quietly. "Stop acting like you're a child. This is not a hard task, and besides, I'm doing most of the work. I just need some extra help. Please?"

It took awhile for Link to finally answer, but when he did, he faced Zelda and exhaled.

"Sure, I suppose," he agreed, causing the queen to smile brightly at his response.

"Thank you," she said, standing up from the extra chair she had been sitting on this entire time. As she made her way towards the exit of Link's room, she stopped short in her path.

"I almost forgot," she said, turning around and facing her knight again.

"I finally remembered some of the things I did. And...all I can do now is apologize greatly for the turmoil I caused you and this kingdom, Ganondorf too," Zelda spoke, her facial expression saddening with each second she talked.

"I wasn't right in my mind. I mean...I had always been a brat. But, it was the Triforce of Power's doing," Zelda said. "I've studied the legends of this land thoroughly, and I have absolutely no clue how that piece of the Triforce fell into my hands. I have my rightful part back, Wisdom. As you can see, it has altered my personality very much.

"You're a courageous soul, Link. Hyrule is thankful for everything you've done. I am thankful for everything you've done. I'm sorry you were torn apart from one of your friends, but even I cannot change what has happened," Zelda said, now staring down at her shoes. "I also want to thank you for putting up with me this past year. I am grateful for you, really. After figuring all of this out, I'm shocked that you've stayed by my side since a year prior to now. So, thank you."

Link didn't know how to respond, not at all. He was never really one for words, so conjuring up the right thing to say was always a challenge for him.

He just smiled, which contagiously rubbed off on the queen, causing her to smile back.

"...I accept your apology. You've shown to me in this past year that you're not whoever I fought long ago," Link said. "And so, you have my acceptance."

He stood up from his sofa, walking over to the queen and opening the doors for her.

"After you," he guided her, but Zelda was still confused.

"Wait - where are we going?" she questioned.

"Don't we have a celebration to prepare?" Link said in a mocking voice, making the queen roll her eyes playfully.

"Correct," she muttered.

Although, Link would never truly forgive Zelda. She was an amazing person now, someone he genuinely enjoyed being around, but the person she was just over a year ago would always haunt him, forever. That would be his only reason for never giving her full forgiveness, but for the most part, he was okay with her.

And so, the tale of the kingdom of Hyrule comes to a close. Still, no one has found out why the two pieces of the Triforce were given to the incorrect owners, but it is said that this incident never occurred again.

Link and Zelda, in this age, got along quite well over the years they've spent together. Nobody knows for sure what their relationship was, but some citizens have a rumor that they fell in love. Some couldn't believe that would happen. But, only Link knew of the terrible events that befell Hyrule, and what Zelda used to be like, so that wasn't their reason for opposing their love.

In truth, they did fall in love. Wedded, even. But all lives end one day, and they both passed away peacefully on the same day, leaving behind their children to rule over the kingdom next.

Some say that Ganondorf tried to escape the Sacred Realm with his Triforce of Power, already having been consumed by its evil. All the good in his heart vanished over his time spent sealed away in the Sacred Realm. His attempts were a failure, and the Six Sages of Hyrule have planned his execution.

Another world exists on the other side of Hyrule, which is where the next story of the timeline begins.

--

A/N: Okay, this book is finally finished now. I am so incredibly happy that I finished this. It's been over a year since I started this.

Thank you for all the love I've gotten for this book, even if only a couple people read it. I am very thankful for all of you. Thank you for reading and enjoying my work.

You can read my other fanfics if you want idc.

Farewell.

-Katy