0014

Later that day, Craig broke the news to Allie as gently as he could. At least that's how he saw it, but as Token read the message from his friends phone, he gave an incredulous look. "Dude, that's harsh." He scrutinised, his eyes flicking back down to the phone in his hands.

School was over, and finally finished for the weekend. The pair of them had headed on down to City Wok to grab some food to take-out, and as they walked down the vacant streets, with Craig swinging the food bag around unknowingly, Token debated mentioning anything. Either way, it didn't affect him, since he'd decided he was just going to get something to eat later.

"How is it harsh?" Craig asked, flatly.

Token shook his head as he passed Craig's phone back over to him. He wondered how his friends had survived this long without his constant presence there to stop them from doing dumb things, such as this. "That was the bluntest break up text I've ever read. You've got to be sensitive with this stuff."

"I was being sensitive."

"'You know we're not actually together, right?'" Token repeated the message. "That's sensitive to you? No wonder you're no McCormick when it comes to the ladies."

"Alright, whatever, leave it." Craig huffed. "It's done now."

"Are you coming over to Tweek's?" Token nodded in the direction of his friends house, which was currently his destination, but Craig shook his head, with his food bag rustling against the wind.

"Don't have time." He said. "Ruby will kick my ass if her food gets cold."

"Never mind it getting cold," Token began. "By the way you're handling it, she'll be licking it out of the bag."

Craig looked at the bag, and by the silent 'oops' he muttered, it seemed he had indeed forgotten about it. They stood out by Tweek's house as Token checked  his phone, not noticing as Craig stalked off across the road, until he realised he'd been talking to himself. If he hadn't called out a bitter "Goodbye to you too." He wouldn't have received the finger in return.

When he knocked on the door, he involuntarily found himself making a random beat, getting all into it, until the door opened, and Tweek stood on the opposite end with an unamused expression. Token cleared his throat, stepping back slightly. "I'm here!" He announced.

"I can see that." Tweek replied, stepping to the side to let him in.

Token passed through easily, not even looking back as he headed up the stairs and over to Tweek's bedroom. The front door shut behind him, and Tweek's footsteps quickly padded up the stairs, coming up along side his friend to enter. Token didn't even comment on the unkempt room, instead he settled on the bed and looked to the blonde. "About the party..." He started thoughtfully, but Tweek cut him off, his hand silencing him.

"Stop, I've changed my mind about going." Said Tweek, his voice tight. "I get that you're trying to help me and all, but I have a lot going on right now, and I just can't deal with this."

Token watched his friends soleful eyes deep in thought. "I'll leave it, if you tell me what's going on." He negotiated.

Tweek ran shaky fingers through this hair as he sat on the other side of the bed. "It's nothing new." He lied, and after a moments pause, the reply came.

"I understand that you have all that stuff going on, and I know that you can't control it, but dude, don't let it control you." Token's eyes held compassion as he spoke, and when his friend woefully sat in silence, looking down down at his hands, he continued. "You can't let it stop you from living your life, cause one day you're going to wake up and wish you did something other than isolate yourself. You're not as alone in this as you think you are."

A sniffle broke his train of thoughts, and as he looked to the now shaking blonde who's head was hanging low, he moved over a little closer to put his arm over his shoulder. "You don't have to tell me anything, but I hope you know, you can if you want to." Tweek sniffed again and looked away. "I'm not going to run off and tell Clyde and Craig."

"I know." Tweek unsteadily breathed. "I'm just so tired."

Token nodded. "You look it." And Tweek halfheartedly laughed, wiping at his face with his sleeve. "No, but for real, have you even slept?"

"Here and there." Tweek shrugged.

"Are they giving you anything for it?"

"Nothing that works."

It wasn't until Token left a couple of hours later that all of Tweek's emotions combust, overwhelming him to the point he had to sink down against his bedroom door to sooth his sudden light headedness. He stared down at his trembling hands, covered by tiny nail marks from the previous days of stress. A strangled cry caught in his throat, threatening to come out, but for the life left in him, it was stuck, and he was stuck unable to release the tension working up in his chest and head.

No tears would come out, and in that moment, being able to cry was all that he wanted. He wanted to be able to express himself and get it out of the way. He needed this breakdown to leave him feeling like he'd gotten the oceans off his chest, otherwise he'd be forced to carry it around with him, until he couldn't anymore.

His head knocked back against the door with frustration, letting out a resentful growl. His eyes closed and fingers gripped at the fabric of his jeans so tightly, that his knuckles turned white. But then his phone buzzed in his pocket and as he stifled back, pulling the device out to see Craig's contact on his screen, he groaned, tossing his phone across the room.