Chapter 2

Sierra's POV

Calming down, I answered the phone. "Hello....."

"Hello Cici," urg it's Jayden. "Hey Jay," I asked. I was hoping that it was the company calling. "Me and the boys are coming to visit you this weekend," he said. 

Hearing him say those words brought tears to my eyes. "I know Jay you all can't live without me. Life must be very boring without me," I said mischievously. "Yea right whatever makes you sleep at night. So we will see you on Friday night and Noah is coming along," he said as I started doing my happy dance. That is good news I haven't talked to him since I came to here. 

"Jay I will talk to you later, I have a another call. I love you. Tell the family I love them," I said as I heard the landline ringing. "Love you, Cici," Jayden said before hanging up. I love when they call me by that nickname. 

I hurried downstairs, making my way to the landline which was ringing. "Hello, may I speak to Miss Blooms please," the woman said as I picked up. " This is her, how may I help you," I asked as I felt a sudden wave of nervousness wash over me. 

"I am calling from Delucas Companies and we are to inform you that you have been hired for the job and we expect you to be here at 7 sharp tomorrow morning," the woman said. I cannot believe what I just heard. "Miss Blooms are you there," she said bringing me out of my trance.

"Yes yes thank you so much. I'll be there," I said as I tried to act calm. With that the person hung up. I couldn't hold my happiness any longer and I started to do the happy dance with SHAPE OF YOU playing in the background.

After I calmed myself, I decided to go shopping and get myself some work clothes. Being the shy girl that I am, I called up Jess, she is my friend who lives near and who helped me to find a place to stay, so that she can accompany me to the mall. 

Jess used to live in California which is where I used to live with my whole family and she came to settle in New York just like me but she came straight here after graduation. I came just three weeks before and I am still trying to get used to the new environment.

 When she agreed to go to the mall with me, I went in the bathroom and took a shower and then got ready. I slipped  on an oversize sweatshirt and a pair of black jeans. 

Before leaving I called mom and dad to tell them about my job approval

Before leaving I called mom and dad to tell them about my job approval. They were so proud of me even if dad seemed a little upset about me having to work and be on my own. "Cara, you are growing so fast and you are a beautiful woman now and don't forget if you want to come back, feel free to come. I love you mi amor," dad said as I could hear his voice trembling. "I know daddy. I will always be your little girl. I love you too," I said as I wiped a lone tear that escaped.

After talking for a little bit more, we finally hung up. I am so happy that my parents, I mean my whole family in general are so worried about me and that means a lot to me that I have people who care for me and wish for my happiness.

We did a lot of shopping and walked for almost 3 hours. I laid all the things on my bed and realized that I have bought too much things. I need to stop spending my parents' money and try to live on my own. I mean TRY.

Even if my dad is earning his money and spending it on me, I want to earn my own money. I want them to not worry about sending me money and they should keep the money for them for when it is needed. Money has never been a problem for us and even my brothers started setting up their own business everything is going on smooth. 

Basically, my parents are paying my rent and that is one example of how dependent I am on them. I am so embarrassed, I need to take my life into my own hands. It's not like we are a crazy rich family but we are pretty comfortable in our lives and money hasn't been a problem. 

Note to myself: I need to tell my parents to stop sending me money.

Now is time to get something to eat and then have a good night sleep. I need to look fresh and full of energy tomorrow. Well I guess I am too tired from all this shopping to go out and eat at a restaurant so I will just order pizza from the nearby pizza shop. After changing into my pj's, I hopped on my couch with the pizza box, ready to devour it. 

Dinner was good and besides pizza is my favorite food

Dinner was good and besides pizza is my favorite food. Who doesn't love pizza anyways. Oh god I am so full. Closing my eyes for a few seconds, I found myself thinking of a certain guy with beautiful ocean blue eyes smiling widely. What the fuck! Why am I thinking about that jerk?

It's not a sin to think about a sinfully attractive man I guess. It's only now that I can remember how well built he is with his biceps looking like they are going to tear through those button-up shirts. Get a grip Sierra! I need to clear my thoughts.

Today I feel like taking care of my skin so I got a face mask and applied it to my face. I am also thinking about moisturizing my face after I wash off the face mask. Letting the face mask do its magic on my skin, I sat on the love sacks in my living room and watched a ton of YouTube videos of my favorite youtuber, Liza Koshy. She is just so funny.

I stood up to go to wash off the mask. I was walking really really slow and that is when I heard the doorbell go off. I rushed towards the door and started unlocking it. Opening the door, I didn't know how to react when I heard "aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh". I was startled and jumped back.

________________________________________________________________________

Thank you so much for reading. Please make sure to vote and comment your thoughts about this chapter.

-Love Mokshda