Chapter 3

Sierra's POV

Opening the door, I didn't know how to react when I heard "aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh". I was startled and jumped back. 

"Oh my gosh Sierra! You scared me to death," I heard the oddly familiar voice. Noah?? What is he doing here? "Noah what are you doing here? And why the hell did you scream so loud you nearly busted my eardrums," I said as I held my hand against my racing heart. 

"Love, if someone opens the door with a horrifying face mask like that well it's normal to scream okay," he said as he pointed to me. What is he talking about? Looking at myself in the mirror just besides me in the hallway, I gasped. I forgot that I still had the face mask. I made my way to my bathroom with Noah following me after closing the front door.

After cleaning my face and moisturizing it, I turned to face Noah who was looking all handsome in his sweatpants and loose shirt. "Weren't you supposed to come here tomorrow night with my brothers," I asked as gave him a hug. "Well I have news for you Love, I came before them because I made the decision of settling here in New York Cityyyy," he actually sang the last part which was so funny. 

"I need to find a little apartment for me to stay in but right now I am staying in a nearby hotel and I am feeling lonely and I guess that was a nice surprise of me, right babe," he said making me frown. 

"You can actually stay with me. No need for another apartment and we will share the rent and then my parents won't have to pay it for me. Besides we have a lot of catching up to do. I mean if it's okay with you," I said as I waited for his answer with anticipation. He looks at me as if I just said something insane. I am taken by surprise when he pulls me in his arms and hug me so tightly. "Love, that's an amazing idea. I just love you so much," he said excitedly.

Unfortunately Noah had to return to the hotel this night because all his stuff is at the hotel and he is going to move in tomorrow and I know that he is very tired after the long 6 hours flight from Home to New York City. 

Having him here is just amazing because he has always been there to help me in difficult situation and I have always been there for him. At least I won't be alone anymore even if Jess drops by pretty often, having Noah here is just amazing on a whole other level. 

I really need to get some sleep because I have my first day tomorrow. Get your ass to bed Sierra, I scolded myself. It was weird that I went to sleep with the arrogant bastard on my mind. I wonder what is his name. 

In the morning, I made sure to wake up early and get ready without any haste because I know if I am late on my first day it's not going to be a good thing. I finished dressing up and headed downstairs, and it was only 6:30 am. I made myself some coffee and tried to make some pancakes and they turned out okay. So I finished my breakfast and decided that as it's a nice day today, let's walk to work today. "Today is going to be a great day, people," I said as I locked my door. 

I feel so good walking down the streets of New York

I feel so good walking down the streets of New York. I actually can't believe that I am here and that I have a job. 

Entering Delucas building, I saw Darcy who as usual had a huge smile. We greeted each other. "D can you tell me on which floor is the CEO's office because I am his new secretary and I have a feeling that I will get lost," I asked her politely. 

"Congratulations Sierra. It's on the last floor and the receptionist there will help you meet the boss. By the way, we can have lunch together if you want," she said making me smile. "I would love to so see you in a bit D," I said making my way to the elevator and pressing the last floor button. 

I felt like I was suffocating between all these people in the elevator. Thank God they left little by little. Now I am the only one in the elevator. Finally I reached my destination and I made my way to the receptionist as I was told. 

"Hello, I am Sierra Blooms and I am the new secretary," I said. "Hi, I am Helen please follow me," she said as she got up. I silently followed her and slightly getting nervous. "Mr Delucas your new secretary is here," she said as she knocked the huge wooden door and went inside. 

"Good send her in. At least she is punctual unlike the previous one," I heard who I assumed to be the CEO's voice. Hesitantly, I made my way in his office. "Good morning Mr Delucas, I am Sierra-," he cut me off "Blooms, I know my dear please have a seat." I silently sat and looked at what the man in his late fifties in front of me was going to do next. 

"So Sierra- Can I call you Sierra," Mr Delucas asked. Smiling, I nodded. "Your work is to attend all the calls, to arrange my meetings, to take notes in meetings and to remind me of all my meetings. Oh you also have to run some errand for me sometimes," he said as he interlaced his fingers together. 

"Of course sir," I agree to whatever he said and he gave me a pile of documents that need to be sorted out and dismissed me. "Sierra also can you please bring me a cup of black coffee? Helen will let you know how I like my coffee. Thank you that will be all," he said just as I was about to walk out. "Yes sir I'll bring it straight away," I said before leaving. 

Reaching my desk, I placed all the documents on it and left to get the coffee. I asked Helen from where does Mr Delucas gets his coffee and she told me from the little coffee shop from across the road. So I quickly made my way there and ordered a cup of black coffee and an iced coffee with milk for me and waited patiently. 

The guy who came with my order said: "Here you go. Hope to see you around." I mutter a thanks and speed out of the coffee shop. I was too lost in my thoughts as I ran into someone's hard chest and my iced coffee flew onto him. "Shit," the person said. 

I was too scared to open my eyes and face the person who still had their arms around me. Slowly opening my eyes, I saw the arrogant bastard soaked in my iced coffee. "I am so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going and I guess I was lost in my thoughts and didn't saw-" I couldn't finish me phrase as the arrogant bastard kissed me. 

When he finally let go I looked at him in disbelief. "What the fuck! Why did you kiss me? This is sexual harassment," I said as I looked at him with my mouth wide open. He looked at me with so much intensity and said "You were talking non-stop and I had to shut you up." 

Shit! This guy just took away my first kiss. Without thinking I slapped him and then he let go of me. "I would have offered to clean your shirt but not anymore," I said as I started getting angry. With that I left and returned to work. I gave Mr Delucas his coffee and continued my work. Thank God, it didn't spill on me. 

"Sierra I think the guy who gave you the coffee wanted you to call him," Mr Delucas said. I looked at him with confusion written all over my face. He showed me the coffee cup with a number on the side. Embarrassed, I bent my head. "It's normal child. Any man would surely try his luck on you as you are such a beautiful lady," he said as he chuckled. 

"Thank you sir but I will make sure that this doesn't happen again," I said still feeling embarrassed. "It's fine dear and I am going to have lunch with my son so if there is any emergency just give me a call," he said as he dismissed me. 

About an hour later, Mr Delucas left for lunch, so I picked up my purse and made my way to the elevator. Then I went to Darcy and we went to have lunch together. and everything went well. 

I have a feeling that my days here are going to be awesome with Mr Delucas being so nice to me but I surely will never take advantage of it. I'm very lucky to have such a sweet man as my boss. He kind of reminds me of my father.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading this chapter. Please give it a vote and comment your thoughts.

-Love Mokshda