Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Shannon's P.O.V:

When I finally found the plain wooden door with the number 13 printed on it, I paused for a moment or two to try and calm my nerves and slow my racing heart.

I'd eventually found my room after wandering around and getting lost for a while. I had a feeling it was going to take me a while to find my way around the campus without getting lost...constantly.

Gathering myself, I unlocked the door of my new apartment and stepped in quietly. I blew out a breath as I walked over the threshold of my home for the next year. My roommate didn't seem to have arrived yet, the apartment was silent and still.

It had that unused feel to it that made me itch to make it homier.

I was curious about my roommate and what she was going to be like. I was praying that we'd get on with each other, because we'd be living together for the next year, minus holidays, and I didn't want to be fighting all the time.

I walked around the apartment, checking it out. The door into the apartment opened into a big room with a table and four chairs on one side and a couch and two armchairs surrounding a tiny TV on the other side. Through a door straight ahead was a small kitchen with a utility room in the back. A big window over the sink brightened the room and made it feel larger than it actually was.

I smiled to myself, I wasn't the best cook but I did love baking.

I envisioned my roommate and I having our friends over at the weekend and baking cookies. I could be very cheesy when I wanted to be.

Back in the main room I saw two identical doors, one on either side of the room. I randomly chose the door to the left of the front door.

Walking over, I opened the door slowly and walked in. A grin grew on my face as I took in the room. I didn't even need to look at the other room; this was definitely going to be mine.

The walls were a pale green and the curtains were white with green tie-backs to match the walls. There was a soft creamy carpet under my feet as I walked around the room inspecting it.

There was a small desk and chair in one corner and a book shelf along the left wall. Under it stood a small double bed and right in front of me on the opposite wall a large bay window with a window seat. I loved it.

To my right stood two doors, I opened one and found a small walk-in wardrobe, and through the other was a bathroom. So far so good, I thought, I already loved the apartment.

It wasn't huge, but it was big enough.

I walked out to the living room again and grabbed my suitcases. I had a couple more boxes being shipped tomorrow.

I unpacked my stuff, listening to All Time Low on my iPod.

I danced around the room, singing along as I placed things in the right places.

When I was done I poked my head out my door, in case my roommate had appeared while I was unpacking. I hoped she hadn't because my singing had been horribly off-key and it wouldn't exactly be conducive to a good first impression to hear me squawking as soon as she walked in the door.

Thankfully the place was still silent.

I walked across the room, throwing myself down on the couch and flicking on the TV.

There was nothing on so I turned it off and after tapping my fingers aimlessly against the side of my couch, yawning every few seconds and whistling tunelessly, I went and got my laptop.

I checked my e-mails and browsed Facebook, answering some comments from my friends, all asking how I was and saying they missed me.

I couldn't help but laugh; I'd seen all of them the night before at my going away party.

After almost an hour of browsing, I turned off the computer.

There was still no sign of my roommate.

I frowned, she obviously wasn't punctual. Oh well I thought, might as well go exploring.

I skipped to my room and checked myself in the mirror. I was wearing a long white top over skinny jeans and flats.

After finger combing my long golden brown hair and fixing my side fringe, I grabbed my purse and phone and put on my much-loved brown leather jacket and walked out the door.

******************************************************************************************************

Hey....

So here's chapter 2....

Hope you like it (

Kaz xoxo