CHAPTER XXXVII

KATHERINE EVY JONES (the next day)

(Kyle has gone to school)

"But how the hell did you know of this!" I smack Jordan not so very lightly.

"Woman," she makes her 'bitch please' pose and says, "You honestly think I would have no idea of this! I was a part of this freaking plan!"

"I can't believe this," I mutter and look over to Veronica. She is tapping on her phone from the last one hour and this is getting really really irritating. 

"You going to say anything or what?" I ask her, watching as she reclines further on the sofa and doesn't take eyes off her phone.

"Nah, I am alright," Veronica replies, sipping through the fruit drink.

Huffing I pout at Jordan and inquire again, "So...you were in this all along playing?"

"Yup," Jordan replies proudly, "I was even part of this small stunt planning,"

Frowning, I ask, "How the hell did you even get time for this!"

"Admit it," she answers smugly, "I am the greatest friend you have ever got,"

"And the only one," Veronica finishes her.

"Aw!" sarcasm laces in my voice while replying, "Don't I have the sweetest friends ever,"

They both mutter 'I love you too' simultaneously. Tired of this, I switch on the TV. After five minutes of aimless flicking through the channels, I finally settle on 'My Chemical Romance''s live concert.

Jordan throws a pillow at me in excitement and squeals. Then squatting on the sofa, she sings in a cracked voice:

  What's the worst that I could say?
Things are better if I stay

I glare at her. She has officially destroyed the song 'Helena' for me. But she takes no account of my seething glare. Veronica, on the other hand, is lost in her own world.

So long and goodnight

 After she sang those lines, I couldn't control myself and I start singing. Honestly, I may not sound as well Gerard Way but still...we do manage to infuriate Veronica. 

"Arghh!" she cries out loud and shouts, "Shut the fuck up you two!"

We both quieten down immediately until 'Welcome to the Black Parade' starts playing. 

  Sometimes I get the feeling she's watching over me
And other times I feel like I should go  

Seriously I am in love with this band. Suddenly I feel my phone vibrate beneath me. I shift on the sofa lazily and get it out from below my butt and press the connect button. It is Ace.

"Hey babe!" Ace starts off chirpily.

I pout and reply, "Don't you call me 'babe' Kingman, you know I do not like it when someone calls me that,"

"Fine babe," another attempt to irritate me but for some reason I find it cute. I must be mad.

No shit Sherlock!

Shut up conscience! 

Okay babe...

I swallow my retort and ask, "Why did you call?"

He answers as if hurt by my question, "Can't a guy call his future wife!"

"Aren't you too sure that I am going to be your future wife!" I answer smugly, twirling  a lock of my hair. Jordan and Veronica are both giving me sneaky glances and silent high fives. I love these people.

"I am pretty confident, you won't be able to escape my love, babe," he retorts confidently.

"I guess you are right," I whisper and sigh, "Why did you call?"

"Oh...yeah..." I can sense the hesitation in his voice from here, "Kendall wants to meet Kyle,"

"Oh! Woah..." I mutter and take a moment to sink that in, "Really?"

"Yep," he answers.

After a few seconds of uncertainty, I reply meekly, "I guess then we can you know arrange a meeting sorta thing," I mean I am sure as hell in debt to her that she has agreed to sign the divorce papers without any arguments, but I still do not trust her enough.

"You sure?" Ace asks, I guess even he wasn't sure he had heard me right.

"Yes," I reply firmly, "Yes, I think we can do it,"

***

"But why does she want to meet me?" Kyle whines, stomping his foot childishly.

"Kyle, just talk to her," I mutter and run my hand through his hair. He pouts and Ace chuckles at this. Kendall, is going to come on her own. And she is late, by I guess half an hour.

I finally spot her bustling (but gracefully) through the hotel door and almost colliding with a waiter. She reprimands him, loud  enough for the whole restaurant to have their pasted on the commotion she is causing. 

Now that is what I call a dramatic entry.

Ace sighs and then calls someone on his phone, "Are you sure this place is free of all media?"

His secretary, I presume, assures him and he smilesgla

She smiles apologetically at all of us, though it doesn't look apologetic at all but anyways, "Sorry, I was caught up in a photo shoot,"

"No problem!" 

"I didn't know you had a photo shoot!"

Me and Ace speak at once. I smile, trying to ignore him, and introduce her to Kyle.

"Kendall, this is our son, Kyle," Then turning to Kyle I say, "Kyle this is Kendall,"

Kyle stretches his hand forward and speaks professionally, "Hey there Kendall. Nice to meet you,"

"The pleasure is all mine," Kendall replies smiling and shakes his hand. Good first impression.

As soon as she leaves his hand, Kyle turns to me and says hopefully, "See? Now I met her now can I please leave?"

"No," I reply firmly and smiling apologetically, "Sorry, it is his favourite program time,"

"Ah!" Kendall raises her eyebrows, not at all interested.

After this we all lapse into awkward silence until Kyle finally asks Kendall, "Excuse me?"

"Yep?"

"How do you walk in such high heels?" he asks confused.

"Er...what do you mean?" Kendall asks looking at me bewildered. Yeah, yeah it may be easy for her but not for fucking everyone!

"I mean my mom complains every time while she wears heels," Shut up Kyle!

I blush and give a silent threatening glare to Kyle but he blabbers on and on. Kendall smiles at me evilly and replies, "Everyone cannot do this, Kyle. Everyone doesn't have the grace and appropriate fashion sense..."

I hope I do not kill her.

"WOW," Kyle says, sarcastically amused, "But don't you get blisters and all? You know with the amount of time you spend wearing them and then of course the less area of contact with the ground and excessive force, the resulting pressure can sure make your feet hurt and blisters and joint pain etc. And judging by the faint blush appearing on your ears....I am right," he finishes smugly.

Kendall, as I can see, is at a loss for words. At last, when she regains her wits, she mutters, "Your child...is smart..."

"Precocious is the word I prefer," he says smirking. At this moment I cannot see any difference between him and Ace except when Ace smirks it's because of his looks and when Kyle does it's because of his wits.

Yeah, I just branded Kyle to be smarter than Ace. I do not contradict my statement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WAS IT TOO BORING?