Pansy and Blaise

Living with Harry was definitely a bonus for their relationship. Harry was a considerate housemate and wonderful boyfriend. Draco was given his own room but spent his nights with Harry. He kept the room for times when he wanted his space. Neither one of them were ready to take the relationship to the next level. So all they did was sleep on the bed. That alone was a wonderful thing for Draco. He adored waking up with Harry in his arms every morning. It was a sense of belonging like he never felt before. The warmth of Harry's body radiating off of him was something Draco quickly began to crave. They drew closer to each other every day, sharing experiences and ideas for the future. Draco stopped looking for a place to live after a couple of weeks. Harry was thrilled that Draco was going to stay. Harry didn't have to say it, Draco could feel his happiness through their connection.

That was another thing that grew. The connection between them thrummed constantly. Always there, always in the background. Even if Draco was occuluding and couldn't feel Harry's emotions, he could still feel the link that connected them. He wasn't bothered by that. He loved the knowledge that they were connected. Distance didn't seem to affect the bond. They experimented to test it out. Harry apparated to France and even China but the bond still thrummed happily along. Nothing dampened it, nothing weakened it.

Kreacher was thrilled to have Draco there permanently. Draco had feared for the elf's wellbeing when they told him he would be moving in. The odd little thing's eyes had grown impossibly large, his ears twitched so rapidly that Draco wondered if he had been cursed, his breathing had increased till he was panting as if he ran the entire house twice. What worried him the most was when the elf let out a pleased little gasp. Draco worried he now had a lifetime admirer. Is this what Harry felt with his fan club? It was not a pleasant feeling. Besides watching him with awe when they were in the same room, Kreacher behaved like a normal house elf. If any house elf could be considered normal that is. The more time Draco spent around the odd mumbling thing, he grew to like him. Kreacher was strange, no doubt about that but he was sweet and considerate in ways that his father's elves never were. Kreacher genuinely cared for both himself and Harry. It was almost like another friend. And isn't that odd? Him being friends with house elves? He imagined his father would shudder at the mere thought. Draco knew it wasn't dignified of a pureblood, he knew it just wasn't done to be friends with anyone considered below them. But Draco just didn't care. He liked Kreacher and that was all there was to it.

When they weren't spending time together, Harry was working on his top-secret project. No amount of begging and pleading could get him to tell Draco what it was. It wasn't that Draco particularly cared, he was just so intrigued. It wasn't like Harry to not tell him something. Harry loved telling Draco things. Even boring mundane things like 'do house elves even go to the bathroom?' Draco had just stared at Harry in disgust until he dropped the subject, Draco didn't want to know that much about them. So this project of his was killing Draco. While Harry worked on whatever it was he was doing, Draco was trying to research their emotional connection. The only problem was that the library was so massive. Draco barely put a dent in the section regarding bonds. Every single book so far was about bonds that were partaken in with either a spell or a ritual and always by choice. He had yet to come across a single bond that happened on its own without the participant's knowledge. Maybe there wasn't an answer? Odd things are known to happen to Harry so it could be just another thing that to write off. But it was a mystery and if there was one thing that Draco couldn't leave unattended was a mystery. So despite the evidence against ever finding an answer, Draco continued to search. He was determined to find an answer.

Draco was going to physically talk to his parents and let them know what he was doing but decided against it in the end. He sent a letter explaining exactly why he was leaving. He had Kreacher pack his things and that was it. Part of him felt guilty, not at the impersonal letter. But at the fact that he didn't miss them. He should be missing his parents somewhat... right? He was no longer upset at his mother. The insult stung but he has been through worse. Draco wasn't about to go back though. No, he needed to do this. Needed to get out of their clutches. He knew his mother loved him but she was so similar to his father. They rarely ever showed that they cared. Damn pureblood mentality. It's been over a month since he left is house and came to Grimwald place and his parents hadn't sent a single letter in reply. That alone proved that he had made the right decision. He had been receiving regular letters from Severus though. His godfather hadn't always been there for him but he sure of a hell showed that he cared for him more than his parents. Severus had been worried when he heard that Draco had left home. Draco rushed to assure him that he was doing fine and that he was happy living with Harry.