HOW MANY WALKERS

"Shit" I tripped over a root in the woods. I was being chased by a hoard I was covered in blood and now mud. I tried to kill as many as I could but they over ran me and I had to run. I was now exhausted and didn't think I could run any longer.

I pushed myself and got back up swinging my knife into each of there skulls. A walker toppled over me sending me onto the ground as more drew near.

"Shit" I tried to grab my knife which was beside me just out of reach.

"No I can't turn, I can't die like this" I thought to myself.

All of a sudden walkers fell beside me limp onto the ground. I pushed the walker over and killed it with my knife I wasn't sure who was helping me but there were at least three people. I took out my machete and started slicing each walker one came behind me and without turning around I stabbed it in the head throwing my hands behind my head while trying to kick away another walker.

"Watch out" I yelled to one of the people helping me as two walkers came behind him I sliced both of their heads open sparring blood across my face. Once they were all dead there were the four of us staring at one another.

There was a teenage boy probably 17 around the same age as me.

Another man who had long shaggy hair and a cross bow.

And another man who hugged the young boy so I was guessing it was his son.

"Are you okay, my names Rick" he said.

"Ya I think so".

"This is Carl my son he pointed to the young boy, and this is Daryl"

I nodded "I'm Y/N thanks by the way"

"You should come back to us we have a small camp in a store that you could stay the night" Rick said.

"Thank you but I'm fine" I said picking up my duffle bag that was now covered in blood.

"Come on you look like you can handle yourself" Daryl said.

"Okay" I said following the group I only caved because I was exhausted and my head was pounding.

"Before you come how many walkers have you killed" Rick asked.

"Rick not her" Daryl whispered but I still heard him.

"Daryl she's just a kid she's made it by herself so far and she's strong" he said finally Daryl caved and nodded his head.

"So how many" he asked turning back around.

"I'm not sure I lost count a while ago" I admitted.

"Okay and how many people have you killed" I was shocked at the question but I answered truthfully I needed a group until I was back on my feet.

"4" I said.

"And why"

"First two came after me first, the 3rd tried to rape my mom, and the 4th tried to rape me" I said trying to seem strong.

Everyone went sort of wide eyed but seemed convinced.

"Okay well welcome to the group" Rick said.

__________
A week later I had gotten pretty close to Daryl, Glenn, and Maggie but most of all Carl. He had become my bestfriend, my only friend at that and we had gotten really close. We were the only kids so I guess it was instinct to grow close.

"Hey I'm going out on a run with Glenn and Maggie you want to come" Carl asked as he jogged passed me.

"Sure" I grabbed my duffle bag and knife and ran over beside him.

"I guess Abraham and Daryl are coming to" I said.

"Sorry kids there's only room for one" Glenn said.

"Okay well you go Carl" I said turning the other way.

"No this will be a good chance for you to grow closer with the group" he whispered.

"No really go I'm fine staying right where I am"

"Go" he said giving me his puppy dog look which made me finally agree to go.

"Y/N is going with you guys, have fun" Carl walked off leaving an awkward small girl sitting in between Maggie and Glenn which wasn't so bad but still very awkward.

_______________
A year later I'm still with the group which shocked me but I had gown close to everyone and I think the group started to like me I wasn't just an obstacle in their way.

"Hey" Carl came up behind me placing his hands around my waiste.

"Not here" I chuckled prying his arms off of me.

"When are we going to tell people" he asked.

"When they start liking me" I chuckled.

"They already like you" he said placing a kiss on my cheak.

"Okay well until I start feeling more comfortable with people" I said.

"Okay I get it but everyone loves you just remember that, especially me" he chuckled.

"Thank you" I said giving him a quick kiss before anyone saw.

"Come on we should go" I grabbed his hand and ran after the group who was in front of us.

"Would you hurry it up you love birds" Glenn said.

"We were just talking" I said looking down feeling embarrassed.

"Ya okay" Glenn and Daryl snickered.

"Oh stop teasing them there cute" Maggie said.

"Ya they really are" Beth said.

"Stop it" I hissed.

"Okay, okay well stop" everyone chuckled.

"I wish they would just stop" I thoght to myself but Carl must have seen it on my face because he bumped me playfully causing me to giggle and bump him back.