35. Hopeless

8 years ago

8 years ago

A year went by after almost being frozen to death, but the memory of the girl who almost killed me stayed fresh in my mind. I promised myself that I would get revenge for what she did to me, and I never forget something like that, that was for damn sure.

I'd have to admit, Caitlin Snow was a hard girl to track down. She was a girl who kept her face hidden, and something told me that she wanted it that way. I wasn't sure why, but I was willing to guess that it was because of those powers she had. It seemed that when she talked to me as herself she was someone totally different, but the moment those silver eyes reappeared, she was back to being the cold hearted bitch that almost killed me.

It took a year to finally find her, all because of her one slip up. Like I said, Caitlin was a girl who kept her private life hidden from the world, but her meta-human one, not so much. It didn't take a rocket scientist to piece together the clues of a new frosty villain in Central City that went by the name Killer Frost to be the girl that I was looking for.

Jay didn't know anything about my obsession with finding her again; I kept it in secret. Something told me that if he knew that I was going to go back after her, he'd try to put a stop to it. He probably thought that it would be suicide; to get revenge on the girl that almost ended my life. I didn't care though; I was going to get my revenge.

I was going to kill her.

After months debating how I was going to do such thing, I settled on the one thing that would be the worst way to die. It was a new type of poison they were using in the military now-a-days; something that they put inside of bullets to assist in killing the enemy in case the bullet itself didn't do the job. I had to admit, it was a genius military tactic, and now I thought it was genius to use it against Caitlin. I wanted her to suffer a long and painful death, and this was the one way I knew I would get that.

The poison was called Tectroscylin, and the gist of its side effects were simple, yet complicated. It started off simple: first you get the casual side effects, such as throwing up, sweating, light headedness, and distortion. After that started the hallucinations, and that was where the fun part came in. Not only do they say you hallucinate the worst things, but it makes you literally go insane; like claw your own eyes out insane.

Then after that, the poison starts to eat away at your brain, which is supposed to be the worst type of pain you could ever imagine. That's what really makes you go insane; what makes you want to end it all yourself. By the end of it, the infected either die by one of three ways: the first practically being eaten from the inside out, the second being ending it all yourself, or the third being someone else doing it for you. Since the poison eats away at your brain, most victims go crazy and try to hurt the people around them, which is what leads to that fatal end.

Of course, it wasn't going to be easy to get this poison inside of Caitlin. I knew this from the beginning, but I knew I could make it happen. I just knew that it was the best idea, since the pain lasts over a long period of time, and it was what she deserved. She deserved to pay for what she did to me.