chapter 17

For the first time after what felt like ages, the first vision Camila woke up to in the morning was Lauren's sleeping face.

She couldn't help, but stare with bliss and feel her heart burn. The pale face next to her seemed to glow, even in her deep sleep. Their hands were still intertwined from the night before, and her hair was a sprawled mess after the late hours they spent making love. It made Camila's chest throb uncontrollably.

For the first time ever, she didn't feel so afraid, or alone.

It gave her hope.

She waited a few minutes silently admiring from up close, until Lauren began softly stirring in her sleep. Her eyes finally opened and Camila could see the soft gold specks hidden inside her emerald jewels. They scanned Camila's face lazily which made her smile.

"I could get used of this," the hoarse voice spoke.

"Good morning to you too," Camila blushed timidly, "how'd you sleep?"

"I haven't slept this good in ages."

Camila smiled warmly, feeling her heart beat like a tambourine. "What do you do to me, Lauren?"

"The same thing you do to me."

Lauren leaned in close and kissed the bridge of her nose gently. Camila couldn't remember the last time she felt as light as a bird.

With a yawn, Lauren fixed her head comfortably on the pillow again and closed her eyes. Camila continued watching her in silence until she heard Lauren's unmistakable rhythmic breathing signifying that she had fallen asleep again.

Camila lost track of time watching the girl sleep that she had been missing and longing for. It must've been a few minutes, but to her it seemed like centuries. Careful not to wake her, Camila gently tucked the loose strands of hair behind Lauren's ears. She admiringly ran her thumb along her jaw and on the outline of her flushed lips. Camila smiled proudly knowing she was the reason the plump lips were swollen.

She was about to close the space between her and the sleeping girl with a soft kiss, when she heard the loud creaking on the floor of someone rapidly walking towards her room. In a flash of a second, the door to her room opened and Camila without thinking, jumped and threw herself on the floor. She grabbed the nearest blanket covering her naked body and tried not to cuss out loud at the sharp pain she felt on her elbows and knees from smacking the ground.

"Camila?"

"Down here," Camila replied with an over-dramatic fake yawn.

"What are you doing down there?" Sinu peered in through the door seeing her daughter on the floor with messy hair and clutching a blanket tightly. Camila smiled innocently.

"I must've fallen asleep down here when Lauren and I were catching up last night."

Sinu didn't seem convinced, but thankfully she didn't budge.

"Is everything okay?"

"Sure is," Camila peeked at Lauren on the bed who was still sleeping soundly. Thankfully, her body was  fully covered. Camila noted a reminder on her brain that she needed to be more careful and lock the door if her parents were home.

"Have the other girls spoken to you?"

Camila felt a jab pierce through her heart at the reminder of her ex bandmates. She had been trying to talk to them, but so far she couldn't come into contact with them. She shook her head.

"Well I just wanted to say that there's some mail for you downstairs. We're taking your sister to school and going to check out the furniture store."