day 9 pt. 2

day 9 pt. 2
18:36

they say the colors of a sunset are from a phenomenon called scattering.

small particles and molecules in the surrounding atmosphere change the direction of light rays, which, in turn, causes them to scatter. and while scattering affects the color of light, every small detail is determined by the wavelength of the light and the size of the particle.

namjoon was seokjin's wavelength, allowing him to emit colors of beauty as seen in the current sky they stood under.

the two sat in an empty slot in the parking lot against the concrete curb. they sat shoulder to shoulder sharing a single pair of ivory white earbuds. the few tracks namjoon recorded of jin a few days ago created a silent world the two were lost in.

everything around them was anything but silent, though. customers continued to walk in and out of the bakery. somewhere in the lot, the low hum of a motorcycle engine began to rumble. traffic from behind them relentlessly passed by with the whizzing of cars and the occasional honks of horns.

but above them the sky was rippled in colors that reflected namjoon's eyes and hair and skin; he was an enigma of warm tones, seokjin couldn't help but notice.

the younger's personality was quite different from the air his first impression gave off and the idea stirred up the urge for seokjin to nestle into his side.

namjoon's hair was as purole as the clouds, his cheeks were flushed pink like the hints of sky underneath the orange tones, and the melanin of his skin was the entire atmosphere wrapped into a neat surface of smooth perfection.

"jinnie, you're paying more attention to my face than your song." namjoon had snapped him out of his reverie, offering a knowing side glance that he'd been caught.

jin had no time to let the embarrassment settle in, as he honed in on a single part of the sentence, "my song?"

"your song." namjoon mirrored jin's emphasis. he nudged his shoulder against his favorite employee's with a friendly shove, and offered him a bright, deep-dimpled smile.

it was jin's turn for his neck, cheeks, and bridge of his nose to dust in the rose pink that continuously began to sink in the sky. he looked away from the male who was sitting less than inches away from him.

"you're so pretty seokjin." namjoon stated. the delicate, yet powerful voice of jin continued to lull through the earbuds, but it was mere background noise inspiring namjoon to continue.

"from the way your lashes fall when you blink to the way you away to the music in your head when you stand. you never fail to capture my attention, and i've only known you within such a short time.

"i imagine that your thoughts are like pink lemonade and your world is run in metaphors relating to your life at the bakery." namjoon pulled the bud from his ear, yanking on the wire to remove the one in jin's.

"but most of all," he continued, setting his fingers lightly on jin's cheek to guide their faces to face one another, "i'm certain your lips are far more addicting than the strawberry shortcake i ask you for everyday."

***

short n floofy