0.45

Rowen sat next to Hermione in the stands watching Harry conduct Gryffindor try-outs. He was the new team captain this year. They watch as Harry tried with little success to get the attention of all the students trying out this year.

"All right! Queue up! Excuse me..." Harry said.

"SHUT IT!" Ginny yelled over the voices and instantly they all stopped talking.

"Thanks. All right. This morning I'll be putting you all through a few drills to assess your strengths. But know this: just because you made the team last year does not guarantee you a spot this year. Is that clear?" Rowen sighed loudly and looked at wand who was waving his hands about in front of his face.

"Your future husband is weird, Hermione." Rowen said looking over to the brunette who looked so shocked, "oh, don't worry. Your secret is safe with me." Hermione only smiled. They both noticed when a tall student who has been eyeing Hermione since before term even started stood next to Ron, "that Cormac is repulsive." Hermione only nodded before smiling and waving at Ron. Soon the tryouts begin and Ginny was flying swiftly, hanging onto the Quaffle easily.

"Do you ever wish you could play Quidditch?" Hermione asked.

"No, I'm not a sports person. I'll leave that to Harry and the others. Besides I'd be rubbish up there. I barely passed first year flying." Rowen and Hermione laughed before turning their attention back to the try-outs. Harry called them all down and ice packs were pressed to their heads. Ron hovered at one goal, while Cormac hovered near the other one. 

"All right. Cormac. Ron. It's done to you two for Keeper. We'll decided it with a shootout. Demelza, you'll bring the Quaffle up against Cormac. Ginny, you'll take on Ron." Harry shouted.

"Hang on. She's his sister. How do I know she won't toss him a floater?" Cormac complained

"Piss off, Cormac. How 'bout I toss you a floater?" Ginny called back to him. Rowen told herself to later say something to Ginny about how she was even more cool than she was before.

"Quiet! I'm Captain. We do it my way. Now line up. On three. One, two, three!" Demelza and Ginny rocket forward on their brooms. Ron weaves nervously while Cormac hovers in place.

"C'mon Ron." Rowen said under her breath. Demelza moves her broom forward again, flying like an arrow. While Ginny in a flurry of red hair darted forward and they both shot the Quaffle at the same time at their respected goals. Hermione muttered a Confondus charm under her breath and Cormac rolled his broom to the right and the Quaffle Demelza shot made it into the goal. While Ron was zig-zagging trying to keep up with his sisters movements and nearly falling off his broom deflected Ginny's Quaffle with his forehead. Rowen and Hermione stood and cheered.

"Isn't he brilliant?" someone said from behind them. Both girls turned around to see Lavender Brown. Rowen grabbed onto Hermione's arm and they slipped away and made their way back inside the castle and into the common room. They waited for Ron and Harry to join them and when they finally did, Harry had his potions book in his hand and was reading through and Rowen was peering over his shoulder. Ron sit's between  Rowen and Hermione causing Rowen to have half her butt on Ron's lap.

"Bloody hell, Ronald. Do you want me to get up?" Rowen questioned.

"'Course not. There's enough room for us four."

"You're out of your mind. I'm sitting on you lap practically."

"You act like we didn't grow up together, Row." he cracked a walnut and threw the shell into the fire. Rowen continued to read over the book Harry had and read the notes. She wondered who this used to belong to, "have to admit, thought I was going to miss that last one. Hope Cormac's not taking it too hard." Rowen covered up her laugh by coughing and shook her head. Harry nudged her, "has a bit of a thing for you, Hermione. Cormac."

"He's vile." Hermione said.

"Ever heard of this spell?" Harry asked pointing it out to Rowen. She looked at it Sectumsempra. For enemies. 

"I haven't. Hermione?"

"Not I have not. And if you had a shred of self-respect you would turn that book in." Hermione complained.

"Not bloody likely. He's top of the class. Even better than you, Hermione. Slughorn thinks he's a genius." Hermione gave him a look, "what?"

"I'd like to know just who's book that was. Let's take a look, shall we." Hermione reached across Ron and Rowen pushing the girl more into Harry who was holding the book out of reach.

"No."

"Why not?" Hermione asked. Harry pushed Rowen up slightly before getting off the couch.

"It's...old. The binding is fragile."

"Just leave it. If he doesn't want to--" Rowen began.

"The binding is fragile?" she stands and makes another grab for it. But Ginny managed to pluck it from his hand..

"Who's the Half-blood Prince?" Ginny questioned.

"The who?" Ron and Hermione asked at the same time.

"That's what it say. Right here. 'This book is the property of the Half-Blood Prince."