0016

Tweek had been listening to Craig's light breathing for around two hours now. He'd actually managed to get a couple of hours of sleep in before he woke up again. Craig had fallen asleep on the sofa, and even though Tweek had covered him with a cosy blanket, his hand was dangling over the edge and poking out.

Tweek stayed next to him during the night, mainly due to the fact he hadn't wanted his dad coming down in the morning and accidentally sitting on his friend, or something like that. So as Tweek sat beside the sofa on the floor, with a steamy cup of coffee in between his hands, he silently prayed his staring wasn't creepy.

It was around half five in the morning, and even though the sun still wasn't up, the gentle voices sung by the birds, resonated through the walls. His mind drifted away overtime, clouded by the distant childhood memories he'd once lived, once seen through his own eyes, and once breathed through every second of.

He remembered the night Clyde had forced him to watch his first scary movie. They were eleven and tiny compared to their heights now, but that's not what he remembered the most. He could see the memory playing out in his head, and there he was, curled up on the sofa, wrapped up in Clyde action man blanket with a pillow choked in his hands. Clyde found it absolutely hilarious, sitting there with a large bowl of popcorn to himself, since Tweek was too scared to put anything in his mouth in case a jumpy scene came on, and he accidentally bit his tongue. It became a regular thing after that, Clyde forcing the blonde to come over for his own amusement, but as time went on, Tweek became accustomed to it. Sure he found it terrifying, but he could go through an entire movie without Clyde laughing at the weird little noises he'd make.

A small smile tugged on his lips as he came out from the memory, taking a sip of his coffee and smelling the addictive scent. It wasn't long after, that he was remembering the first night Token had walked in on him, breaking down in his room, and even his fourteen year old self had been the most comforting friend Tweek had ever had. After a night of consoling and listening to him venting, Token had returned the next day with a bunch of leaflets and research he'd done over the internet on stress relief and panic attacks. For a while after that, maybe months, Token would show up unannounced to check on him, to make sure he was taking his medication, and to see how he was getting on. He never once judged Tweek, or spread around the things he'd learn.

But then his thoughts went to Craig, and his heart involuntarily skipped a beat. He frowned at his sleeping friend, annoyed with those peacefully shut eyes and the relaxed expression. Then there it was, clear as day as he relived the moment Craig had convinced him to climb up onto the school roof with him. It was dark out so nobody was around. The wind was blowing harshly, but it wasn't cold, at least, it didn't feel so to Tweek. He remember Craig balancing on the high up edges, wobbling as he walked the perimeter with a goofy grin on his face, all the while, Tweek twitched with fear that he'd fall and break his neck, so he stayed close, ready to pull him back if need be. But he didn't need to, and soon Craig was jumping down, standing in front of Tweek's sixteen year old vision self, his blue eyes staring up at the stars that coated the dark skies.  Tweek could still remember perfectly what it felt like to see the tranced look on his friends face as he thought about something bigger than all of them.

He remember how hard it was to tear his gaze away from Craig for just a second, but once he did, and his eyes wandered to the brilliance of the night, with the moon hanging heavy, whilst the orbs of light connected with his mesmerised eyes, the stars looked as big and bright as the street lights they'd passed on their way up. He couldn't collect the words together to voice the feeling he felt, knowing there was so much more just out of his reach was something indescribable, and as a single raindrop landed on his cheek, and his eyes briefly shut from the sudden contact, he couldn't have wished to have shared this moment with anybody other than the dark haired boy in front of himself.