Long Distance ; Kenma X Reader

You and Kenma had met in the most subtle way possible. Your greetings really weren't cliché at all. It was a very chill and appropriate meeting, you'd like to think.

No, you didn't bump into one another and spill coffee all over the other.

No, you didn't get set up for a blind date by your friends.

No, he wasn't a hot barista that you "happened to run into."

Funnily enough, you and Kenma had actually met through the video game named Call Of Duty.

You see, you had made a couple of friends who seemed to enjoy the game as much as you. So the three of you would play the game together every Saturday night. Of course, the three of you weren't together. Your two friends happened to live in Japan, where as you lived in (Y/C). There was a huge gap in the time zones, but the trio managed to make it work. You were also lucky that you had learned to fluently speak Japanese when you were little. In fact, you preferred to speak in Japanese, rather than English.

One Saturday night, your friend Kuroo, had informed you all that he was going to let his best friend join in on tonight's game. You and Noya had absolutely no problem with that, and gladly welcomed the new friend.

Kuroo introduced the new boy as Kenma. He was very shy and reserved. Definitely not the type to go out and make friends on his own will. So it took him quite a while to get used to you. As it took you a while as well. You weren't particularly the most outgoing type either. But the two of you had managed to connect fairly well. In fact, you two would often gang up on Kuroo and Noya, and completely destroy their asses. The two of you were an excellent duo.

You decided that you wanted to talk to Kenma by himself. He was a very enjoyable person to talk with, and you thought that was perfect. You had discretely asked him for his number, and he gladly gave it to you. You immediately put his digits into your phone, and messaged him the following evening.

You two had continued to chat with each other privately for months, before you slowly started to realize your feelings for the boy. Instead of stressing over the situation, you wanted to inform Kenma on your feelings right away. So you requested to video chat with him. Kenma warily agreed, fearing that you would possibly judge his appearance.

But you would never.

You remember the first time the two of you had video chatted. The memory was practically imprinted into your mind.

*Flashback*

"(Y/N), calm down. It's just Kenma." You whisper to yourself, your nerves taking over your body.

"1 minute."

You stare at the small digital numbers on your laptop, counting down the seconds until you hit the call button.

"5"

"4"

"3"

"2"

"1"

"Oh god, here I go." You yell out, while slamming your fingers on the mouse.

Your stomach fills with anxious butterflies, as your request is being sent to Kenma. After seconds of waiting for a response, the word "connecting" appears on your screen. You hold your breath, more and more anxiety building up inside of you. Before you're emotionally prepared, a small figure appears on your laptop.